• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jrobe1111

jrobe1111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

I have the WHiteHouse Pro 3 theme and was wondering what it would take to place a horizontal banner ad below the featured slider but above the three feature boxes? or if that is not possible, blow the three featured boxes? Thanks www.netfusionstudios.com

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Are you going to use any kind of plugin for the ad or is it just going to be a linked image without any tracking? You can create a child theme based on WhiteHousePro to add the horizontal banner (since it's not advisable to edit core theme files directly). For more information on the child theme: http://codex.wordpre...rg/Child_Themes

#3 jrobe1111

jrobe1111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

Actually both. For the first ad (the one I created this thread for) it would be an image with a link. So i will look into the child theme, however we would like to run additional ads. There are several plugin for a sidebar widget, but are there ways to place the ads more in the body and featured slider, etc.?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Where in the body are you referring to? Below/above the post loop (for example)? I think it would be relatively easy adding them to the featured slider.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

You can edit the template file "template_fboxes.php" found via FTP in wp-content/themes/whitehousepro/pro/template_fboxes.php.

At the bottom of that file, you will find:
 </div>
	</div>
	<div class="clear"></div>

Place your ad code like this:
 </div>
	</div>
	<div class="adcode">AD CODE GOES HERE</div>
	<div class="clear"></div>

Then, you need to add under Dashboard > WhiteHousePro > Theme Settings > Custom Code a snippet of CSS for the adcode class that centers the ad. If not centered, offset from the left. The ad will flush left to the edge of the box if not re-aligned.

This will place the ad at the bottom of the three boxes, but above the content area. You can use up to leaderboard size this way (728x90).