Station Pro Theme Keeps Crashing after using Feature Setup

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bikepirate

bikepirate

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Please help. I'm having major issues with my Station Pro theme. I've been using it for over a year now, love the theme, and it has been working great till now. For some reason, each and every time I go to update any of my Feature settings, whether it's the Feature Sliders or Boxes, my site Features CRASH. My site is still running, but all the feature boxes and sliders crash, my logo dissappears and my widgets on the bottom of the page get affected. This started happening three days ago. I should add I use my Features all the time (currently have over 200 feature boxes) so this is something new. I'm having my hosting provider WP Engine look at it as well, but they also suggested I ask the Theme creators to have a peek. That being you. :) My website is www.bikepirate.com. Please let me know what to do to fix this? Thank you, Pete

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

Were there any changes made? Have you upgraded to the latest version of WordPress? Did you install any new plugins and activate them?

#3 bikepirate

bikepirate

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi Catrina, We disabled all the plugins and tried using the Features and again it crashed and wiped the whole feature settings plus all the features. The only plugin I've worked with this week was WPtouch Pro - a mobile plugin. Other than that, I upgraded the site to the latest version of WordPress weeks ago, when the update came out. I haven't had any issues since then, but the last time I used the feature area was January 17. We've now restored the site back to functioning properly, but each time we go use the feature, the feature sections crashes. :( Thoughts? Help? Peter

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Peter, I'd suggest starting with a plugin inventory check. You do this by going to http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins and looking for each plugin you have in your plugins folder, whether active or not. Look for compatibility with your version of WP, and on each plugin page, make sure that other users haven't cited it as broken. Check the number of complaint topics, and if the plugin is necessary.

#5 bikepirate

bikepirate

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

rangelone, Is this not the same thing as disabling plugins, which works much quicker, than having to go through each and every one? I have not installed anything new this week, all I did was activate the WPtouch Pro plugin, but decided to deactivate it as it wasn't working just right for me. I'll try if you truly believe this is what I must do. I'm at a big loss trying to figure this out. :(

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Let us know what you come across.

#7 bikepirate

bikepirate

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

I will keep you posted. I'm working with my hosting provider WP Engine to try and restore my site to January 18 when I last used the Feature Boxes to add a new page without an issue. I still believe it was either a WordPress upgrade that caused this or something on my hosting side. But, I will do as you suggest and work through all the plugins and report back as I need your help to make sure we solve it and it doesn't happen again. Cheers,

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16289 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted.

#9 bikepirate

bikepirate

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Okay, we found the problem. This is for anyone using StationPro with WP Engine (my hosting provider). WP Engine introduced automated caching and their "object-cache" interferes with the Feature Setup area of Station Pro. Once object cache is turned off by the hosting provider, the Feature area works just like it should and no longer crashes wiping the full contents. WP Engine is now aware of the issue and is working to resolve it. For now they've turned off object cache on my website so that I can continue business as usual until they fix the bug. Thank you everyone. Pete

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Thanks for letting us know!