Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sidebar Nav - Customizing Current Page Menu Color?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi All I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious but I can't seem to get my sidebar nav to the color I want for selected pages. Here's the url: http://eimearconyard.com/works/brooch-centered-2/ As you will see I have a block background for selected pages, which is working just fine but I'd like the selected menu text within it to show as white and revert to the global color when not selected. Also, how do I remove the underline on hover from the menu as a whole? Here's the code I am currently using for this:

.current_page_item {
	color: #ffffff;
	background-color: #8a8db3;
	padding:8px 0px 8px 8px;
	display: block;
	}

What am I missing? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. -- Fintan

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Try this as a replacement: [code].widget_nav_menu a:hover { text-decoration: none !important; }[/code] [code].widget_nav_menu .current_menu_item { background-color: #8a8db3; padding:8px 0px 8px 8px; display: block; }[/code] [code].widget_nav_menu .current_menu_item a { color: #ffffff; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

Hi Jackey Thanks a million for your help. It didn't quite do it; as I lost the block and the text was not white but with your direction I was able to work it out. For anyone who's looking for a solution in the future here's the winning code: [code].widget_nav_menu a:hover { text-decoration: none !important; } [/code] [code].current_page_item { background-color: #8a8db3; padding:8px 0px 8px 8px; display: block; } [/code] [code].widget_nav_menu .current_page_item a { color: #ffffff; } [/code] Many thanks again for your help I really appreciate it. -- Fintan

Posted · Report post

You're welcome. btw [code].current_page_item {}[/code] might select more that you want, it is used in more sections than your widget.