Photo
- - - - -

Which wordpress SEO plugin(s) do you recommend?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sgendry

sgendry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Which wordpress SEO plugin(s) do you recommend / suggest / would invite your users to look into or simply look at?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

The one we use here at PageLines is called "WordPress SEO by Yoast".. You'll find it here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

We also use an XML Sitemaps plugin to make sure Google (and other search engines know what we're up to) Anything else I'm not covering here?

#3 mikezielonka

mikezielonka

#1 Fatboy

• Members

• -221 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hi Sgendry - I use WordPress SEO by Yoast once in a while but personally I prefer a combo of plugins on my PageLines sites. All-In-One SEO -

<--I personal prefer it's interface and how it auto generates meta content and titles. Google Analytics for Wordpress -

<--makes it painless to set up Google Analytics but also set up event tracking for things such as downloads and outbound links. Google XML SiteMap -

<-- control what information Google, Bing, etc crawl, how often pages are updated, etc. Plus it pings search engines and tells them where the site map is if your site is new. All three work great with PageLines. I am the Director of Web Strategy at Tuna Traffic, so if you have any question feel free to reach out and drop me a note @ mike.zielonka@tunatraffic.com -Mike

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17532 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

@sgendry I have accepted both Andrew's and Mike's replies. Wordpress SEO by Yoast FTW! :D

#5 gsibert

gsibert

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

@arpowers, why do you use a separate sitemap plugin since wordpress seo has this feature? Curious to know. Thanks

#6 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

@arpowers then why not build in the option to activate WordPress SEO's breadcrumbs and title requirement to boost load times?

#7 kracker

kracker

Advanced Member

• Members

• 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

BTW crazy to me that the forums have a pr 8 even with a pharma injection... that crazy google pr.