Photo
- - - - -

How can I call a specific category to a category page?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ronstahl

ronstahl

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm running Framework 3.31. In the Special Pages meta section there's a category section which I have set, then there's also a category section in the Template area which I also set up, however, I can't figure out why they're both there if I can't specify the category template from that template section. The category seems like it should be a template since it's in the section with Templates 1,2,3,4,5 yet I can't figure out how to call it OR how to specify a category to be displayed on a given page. I have 5 Categories of coupons, and pages that correspond to each. I was previously using the pages posts plugin however since I upgraded that plugin eliminates the ability to hide sidebars per page. THEN I tried the Special Posts Plugin however without using in in a widget, I can only get it to show 5 posts no matter what limit I specify. I also tried putting in the Full Width Sidebar Widget where it works best, however because that's a universal sidebar, I can't specify a category per page. Please advise me on how to handle this? I've tried everything.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:02 AM

how to specify a category to be displayed on a given page

What do you mean by this exactly? Do you mean that you're not sure how to make a category of posts show up on its own page?

#3 ronstahl

ronstahl

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

Yes, and I can't figure out why I have a category template in the template area yet I can't choose it as a usable template even though it sets up the same as the rest of the templates. Then I have a category template type set up in the special pages area and even after setting those both up, I still can't figure out how to get a specific category to show up on specific pages.

#4 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:Dev. Latest. Always.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Hi Ron, If you still need a solution for this... Getting a category to display in a page is not very complicated. You have 2 options. The default category template in PageLines will be automatically applied to a link like yourblog.com/category/mycategory or any page template where you create a custom loop for that category (it overrides the custom page template you create). To have specific templates for EACH category with drag and drop capability that allows you to customize every category page, you can check out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. It's a bit more complicated and the posts will display in a similar manner to you Blog & Posts settings, but it's a start. Good luck with it and don't hesitate to ask for clarifications or further help.