#21 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

There is a comment on wordpress forums
A user named Felix commented on the problem;

I think it's because of the behaviour of the carousel arrows.
I noticed that the pics on your carousel have this following id pattern:
ngg-image-65
ngg-image-66
ngg-image-67
and so on.
Well, when you click the carousel arrows, it CREATES a new li element, and somehow, it uses an id that it's already being used on another picture.
I noticed this when i left the firebug window open while clicking on the arrows.
I don't have the time right now to check on some of your js code (specially cause i'm still a js beginner, the shutter thingy i fixed was basically pure luck added with some logic.) but i suggest you trying to NOT let the arrows create new elements.
Put them straight on the HTML, and the arrows would just MOVE your view, or maybe the elements itselves, after all, what's important it's the carousel effect being shown, not how it was done.
Having your pics straight into the HTML open you to some new improvements:
- You can store them in a database and print using a loop.
- You can also create an User-friendly interface to add new pics.

Hope this leads somewhere :)

#22 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hi, I use the feature images directly from the posts and include a full size picture in my posts. I'm not sure why your problem is happening, but I suspect there's some type of conflict that prevents the lightbox from opening, even if the image opens to an image view. I can imagine you wanted something different. Really, the carousel is intended as a means to entice visitors to your posts, not to display images for image viewing. However, there are many which have been designed with built in lightbox view. Have you searched for one? Start at http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins

#23 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

rangelone, I agree but I need to make that carousel work as a image gallery there:D its not that weird, is it? I tried JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel but still did not make it work:D its a bit messy for me:( Pagelines carousels' look and feel is far more enough for me:D

#24 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Have you tried looking for other possible carousels here?: http://wordpress.org...jquery carousel

#25 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Seems no code update will come for carousel, that why I am trying other plugins as I told one post earlier:) Thanx tho..

#26 imwy2cool

imwy2cool

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hey I don't know if this will solve your issue or not. I noticed that my lightbox/shutter/thickboxes worked great on a regular gallery page. They just didn't work on my Carousel pages much as you describe here. So, within my page content I added this bit of code:
[nggallery]
so that it would try to grab a gallery. As soon as I did this it worked like a charm. I have tried to add that code to the header, page templates, etc., and they don't seem to work. So, for now I just have to live with having to add that piece of code anytime I want a gallery. This does seem like a bug to me as I've got a couple of different hosts I work with and it had the same effect no matter what host, and I disabled ALL my plugins except nextgen gallery. Hope that helps.

#27 varareklam

varareklam

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I see that this issue still haven't been fixed. I'm using Nexgen for my carousel as well, and have the same problem as the OP - after a few rotations the carousel won't lightbox the pictures, just open them directly in the browser.

imwy2cool@hotmail... You want to post the code that you used? Put it in the code-holder this time! :)

Thanks!

#28 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hello varakelam,

To avoid confusion between both similar Carousel problems, please start a new topic describing your issue. :)

#29 diskfak201

diskfak201

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

helpful thread.. thanks :)