• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hello there, There seems to be problem with Carousel. After rotating images does not show up in a lightbox. I thought it was in the second rotate loop but it sometimes happens in the first rotate. Any idea how to solve this or any cause of the problem? Thank you
  • assomibatrifs likes this

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Did this problem begin recently after having carousel for awhile or was it behaving that way when you first implemented the carousel?

#3 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Had this problem with 2.0.1 and still have it. I am using like 20 of this elements in different pages, some carousels have same sized images, thought images might cause the problem but seems not.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

Have you already tried deactivating your active plugins to see if the issue disappears? You may also want to check to make sure that your plugins are compatible with the version of WordPress you're using.

#5 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

Yes, I will give it a try. Though NextGen is used by the Carousel, so not sure if i should disable it :) Now, disabled everything. This time my carousel was empty. Enabling only nextgen did not do the trick. fyi

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Would it be possible for you to post a link to your website please.

#7 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/xZes7 just try rotating it and click on the images. Thank you.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

I'm experiencing the issue for all images in the Carousel. Are you using the latest version of WordPress?

#9 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yes Catrina, it is 3.3.1. Btw, I gave it another try disabling all plugins other than NextGen, did not workout.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hi, I looked at your site just moments ago and see you definitely have a problem. I don't know why this problem is happening but you may wish to contact NextGen via http://alexrabe.de/wordpress-plugins/

#11 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

@rangelone thank you for cheking it. I will try to feed Pagelines carousel from flickr or something. So that I can be more specific, I guess :) Cause using slideshows, images etc from NextGen shortcode seems to operate fine :S

#12 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

I have never used the carousel for NextGen images personally, but let us know how your other angles work out. :)

#13 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

@simple_mama how did you populate the carousel then? I am trying to use a plugin named JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel which I dont like at all, plus still could not figured it out. thank you.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hi, I have just this moment created a NextGen Gallery and the Lightbox worked perfectly. Have you made any changes to the NextGen options at all ?

#15 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thank you for your effort Danny, I deleted nextgen-gallery under the plugins via FTP and downloaded a fresh one and uploaded it. Just wanted to make sure. Now I have a fully clear nextgen-gallery but still the problem continues. I will install Pagelines to another blog and will experiment I guess:( Btw posted to wordpress forums but no one said anything yet...

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

I have just revisited your website and the lightbox effect is now working, what was the issue ?

#17 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Dear Danny :) I even was shocked when I read your comment hehe Yes it works but just try cycling right or left one or two times then give another try. That's my problem. If I don't cycle there is no problem at all :)

#18 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Here we go, In this site I have installed Pagelines w/ latest version, http://goo.gl/xaOKj The same problem goes here as well. I used the same plugins (total of 7) At first it looked ok but there is a picture. A white and two gray tones wallpaper image. When I click it, it will never show in a lightbox. I will add another carousel without that image and tell you the result. I wonder if the size matters here... Ok I created another carousel with all smaller sized images.http://goo.gl/CpVjN but when page loads its all good. Rotating the carousel one or twice causes the problem again.

#19 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

When I cycle left and click on the thumbnails the problem occurs. When I cycle right and click on the thumbnails, it doesn't happen. I'm not sure what could be causing abnormal behavior for different people. Does the problem occur after refreshing the page several times?

#20 minasm

minasm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hey catrina :) Yes, it still fails refreshing a few times. Third try http://goo.gl/S1tO2 My settings are here: Total Carousel Items : 4 Displayed Carousel Items: 3 Scrolled Carousel Items: 2 Animation Speed of Scroll (milliseconds): 40 Carousel Image/Link Mode (Carousel Page Template): NextGen Gallery Carousel Image Dimensions (Posts Mode Only) tried both blank and some values plus I am not using carousels on posts. these are only pages. NextGen Gallery ID For Carousel (Carousel Page Template / NextGen Mode) giving the id of the gallery. I am willing to share my wordpress info for the testing site I am sharing the links. Maybe you can figure it out the but. Tried this on two different sites hosted on two different servers. Using only NextGen, Pagelines Customize and Pagelines Sections plugins. Another weird issue is that when page loads and I click on a thumb it opens in lightbox, but after page loads and I cycle a few times then click on the same image it does not open in it...:( Note: Tested on Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari on PC and MAC (MAC didnt have IE :))