Photo

EcoPro Highlight Page CSS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

I just loaded EcoPro for the first time today, and it is working great, except the Highlight pages. It appears that on these pages only, the CSS is somehow different/not working (i.e. all of the page's links are white and the pagewide footer inherets the selected page color). Any fixes?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:27 AM

Please provide a link to a "normal" page that looks right and then a link to a "funny" page that doesn't look right and I'll see about writing some CSS to clean it up. Thanks, Bryan

#3 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

Page working fine

Page looking funky

Thanks, Bryan.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

Perhaps you've already got this fixed, but I can't seem to see any difference in Firefox? So, perhaps this is a browser specific problem. What operating system and browser are you using? Thanks, Bryan

#5 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Bryan, You are right, it looks great in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. However, in IE8 for Windows 7, the footers and links are a bit of a mess. I have not yet played with the CSS at all. The entire rest of the site looks amazing. If there might be a CSS patch for this page, I would greatly appreciate it. Most of our traffic will be IE. Thanks!

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Sounds to me like a tag isn't autoclosing in IE where it might be in all the other browsers. This would make the problem appear to be css, but in reality it's the html that whacky. Did you run a validation on the page?

#7 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Validation Report

Yes. Comes back with an error.

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Try removing the RSS widget so it looks like the pages that are working correctly.

#9 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, cmunns; however, it is not the RSS widget. After playing around a bit, I've discovered that it is only when both the featuretitle (highlight title) and featuretext (highlight text) are added that the formatting is thrown off. Adding either one, individually, does not affect the formatting on the rest of the page. That being said, adding either one, individually, does not remove the following standard text either: Add text in admin using the interface we've provided in the 'add page' section of the admin or simply add a custom fields to this page called "featuretitle" & "featuretext" (with the corresponding content). Hope this helps...

#10 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:19 AM

It seems then the two stylings are conflicting for precedence, and where most modern standard compliant browsers can figure out the right thing, IE which is known for being a very poor browser in many regards can't figure it out. This might be one for the theme developers. Thanks, Bryan

#11 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:27 AM

Hey Daniel, Is it possible to upgrade to the latest maintenance release of EcoPro? Just login to your launchpad to check it out. I think we fixed the highlight page a bit...

#12 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

Andrew, Sure. Just download the entire theme again and re-load? Thanks! Also, thanks again, Bryan!

#13 danieljames

danieljames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

Appears to have solved it - thanks, Andrew!

#14 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

That's great to hear. Thanks, Bryan