Photo
- - - - -

Common Reasons Why PageLines Framework 2.X Update May Not Work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

I have seen several emails and forum posts from customers who state that PageLines Framework 2.X update does not work. This includes updating from 2.0 to 2.1, 2.1 to 2.1.1, etc. Here are a few common reasons. 1. You have Wordpress mutli-site installed. If so, PageLines Framework must be updated in the root (network) install to push to the child sites. 2. You have renamed the PageLines Framework folder from "pagelines" (/wp-content/themes/pagelines/) to something else. Rename the folder back to "pagelines" (without the quotes) to resolve. 3. If you are asked for FTP info by WordPress when you try to update, your web host is blocking the attempt. Ask your host to enable suPHP or fastCGI to allow updates. As I come across any others, I will update this post. :)

#2 armony

armony

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

my page-lines-zip intalled did not work and I think that I can resolve it with common reasons Please another way?

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Armony, Would you kindly open a new topic and include a link to your website and tell us which version of PageLines products you have? We will be happy to answer the new topic in detail. Thank you.

#4 mroracle

mroracle

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hello,

I have installed Pagelines onto a WP Multi-Site environment, I am at version 2.3.

I get the message there is an update but when I go to the Network admin area to update as you have suggested there is nothing offering to update automatically.

Have tested this on a single installation and there was an auto update available.

The only way I can see to upgrade to 2.3.1 is by downloading and installing the files to the folders myself on the multi-site.

Am I missing something? Is there something I should have done which I may have missed? If not then this is a fault.

Kind regards,
Yusef