Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

is Breadcrumb Navxt working with latest pagelines freamework?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, i just signed up for a free pageline site to make my decision about buying this framework. so, my question is is any breabcrumb section available with the pro edition if i install Breadcrumb Navxt. as in another post on support forum i read pageline framework don't support yet this plugin.

22 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Not for me.

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, no. That plugin didn't work within the context of the new Framework. I regret this as I rather like it myself. I'd suggest looking for alternatives at http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Posted · Report post

@rangelone, thanks. do you have any suggestion which breadcrumb plugin work perfectly with pageline framework?

Posted · Report post

@bonnlata @travelcafe I'll see if I can create a custom section for you, which will use the Wordpress SEO by Yoast breadcrumbs option. I'll post here if I can get it work.

Posted · Report post

thanks @danny.

Posted · Report post

@bonnlata @travelcafe Download this file, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36677473/breadcrumbs.rar then upload it to: /wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections/ Go to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections and active the sections. I have added it to header, page templates and content area, simply drag and drop the section to your preferred position. **Warning, I have tested this and it does work. However, my PHP skills are quite bad. If you encounter any issue reply to this post please.

Posted · Report post

Or paste this hook into the child editor. It works for me [code]add_action('pagelines_before_postloop', 'add_breadcrumbsnavxt'); function add_breadcrumbsnavxt(){ ?>

Posted · Report post

Hi, BreadCrumbs appears as a section in the Templates, but nothing is displayed in the Header on the site, after I have dragged and droped it into the Active Sections for the Header template? Neil.

Posted · Report post

Has there been any further development on this topic?

Posted · Report post

@liajustine: I followed @zvelena's suggestion (above) and it works perfectly. The only caveat I have is that the breadcrumbs appear on the Homepage - which is silly as ... well it's the HomePage. I'd love one of the Pros to kick in here and tell me (us) how to prevent it from rendering on just one page.

Posted · Report post

This is most annoying this new framework...zvelena...where do I paste this hook in the editor?! Can you be more specific for a layman?

Posted · Report post

Ok got it working again...but my custom css doesn't work on it anymore? Anyone any ideas on this? Grrroooan

Posted · Report post

Mm figured it out...it had a new name for css...now the padding is all wrong....the text is all wrong...great upgrade pagelines...real slick

Posted · Report post

@bizint there are wordpress conditionals to use : is_front_page() for example http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags#The_Front_Page What upgrade are you referring to? 2.1 to 2.1.3?

Posted · Report post

Hi Simon, yeah I've been using conditional tags with widgets....but I really want my breadcrumb nav back and it wasn't a widgetised thing - it was a plug in and it seemed to appear in the right place above my content and worked great. Using zvelenas code I put it into the child editor (got a friend to do it, I have a child theme and I dont know where it goes or where he put it!) and "its back" but you can probably see in my site it looks a mess! And is showing on the home page. I need to rise it up, so its inline with other titles. (I use the breadcrumb in the same style as my sub title s with aline, but the font, colours alignment everything has gone to pot! www.businessinteriors.co.uk

Posted · Report post

mine is also below the other titles, but its more or less ok, i'm a minimum design "expert" so I dont care too much. If you got a solution for how to pull it back up, i'll take it

Posted · Report post

I found a simple solution that worked for me (not sure if it is due to the Framework updates or not), you can give it a try to see if it works for you. I have my front page set up as a custom template and the rest of the site using the default template. On the default template I added the Universal sidebar (set to display across the top), then added the NavXT widget to the US. Breadcrumbs now display without a hitch across the entire site with exception of the front page. Hope that helps!

Posted · Report post

Ok i found a solution on how to move the breabcrumbs up : Just remove the
after from the function_exists line [code]add_action('pagelines_before_postloop', 'add_breadcrumbsnavxt'); function add_breadcrumbsnavxt(){ ?>

Posted · Report post

Or try this: http://paste.pagelines.com/12

Posted · Report post

the same as @flidget, nothing apears when trying section. the hook is good, by how do i style it? #breadcrumb doesn t work like it used to with platform pro.

Posted · Report post

Free section: http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/navxt-breadcrumbs/ :)

Posted · Report post

thanks for this fix, you are making great work here.