Photo

is Breadcrumb Navxt working with latest pagelines freamework?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 bonnlata

bonnlata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:43 AM

Hello, i just signed up for a free pageline site to make my decision about buying this framework. so, my question is is any breabcrumb section available with the pro edition if i install Breadcrumb Navxt. as in another post on support forum i read pageline framework don't support yet this plugin.

#2 travelcafe

travelcafe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

Not for me.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Unfortunately, no. That plugin didn't work within the context of the new Framework. I regret this as I rather like it myself. I'd suggest looking for alternatives at http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins

#4 bonnlata

bonnlata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

@rangelone, thanks. do you have any suggestion which breadcrumb plugin work perfectly with pageline framework?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

@bonnlata @travelcafe I'll see if I can create a custom section for you, which will use the Wordpress SEO by Yoast breadcrumbs option. I'll post here if I can get it work.

#6 bonnlata

bonnlata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

thanks @danny.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

@bonnlata @travelcafe Download this file, http://dl.dropbox.co...breadcrumbs.rar then upload it to: /wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme/sections/ Go to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store > Sections and active the sections. I have added it to header, page templates and content area, simply drag and drop the section to your preferred position. **Warning, I have tested this and it does work. However, my PHP skills are quite bad. If you encounter any issue reply to this post please.

#8 zvelena

zvelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Or paste this hook into the child editor. It works for me
 add_action('pagelines_before_postloop', 'add_breadcrumbsnavxt');
	function add_breadcrumbsnavxt(){
	?>
	<div class="breadcrumbs">
	<?php
	if(function_exists('bcn_display'))
	{
	bcn_display();
	}
	?>
	</div>
	<?php }

#9 flidget

flidget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Hi, BreadCrumbs appears as a section in the Templates, but nothing is displayed in the Header on the site, after I have dragged and droped it into the Active Sections for the Header template? Neil.

#10 liajustine

liajustine

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Has there been any further development on this topic?

#11 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

@liajustine: I followed @zvelena's suggestion (above) and it works perfectly. The only caveat I have is that the breadcrumbs appear on the Homepage - which is silly as ... well it's the HomePage. I'd love one of the Pros to kick in here and tell me (us) how to prevent it from rendering on just one page.

#12 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

This is most annoying this new framework...zvelena...where do I paste this hook in the editor?! Can you be more specific for a layman?

#13 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ok got it working again...but my custom css doesn't work on it anymore? Anyone any ideas on this? Grrroooan

#14 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Mm figured it out...it had a new name for css...now the padding is all wrong....the text is all wrong...great upgrade pagelines...real slick

#15 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

@bizint there are wordpress conditionals to use : is_front_page() for example http://codex.wordpre...#The_Front_Page What upgrade are you referring to? 2.1 to 2.1.3?

#16 bizint

bizint

Advocate

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hi Simon, yeah I've been using conditional tags with widgets....but I really want my breadcrumb nav back and it wasn't a widgetised thing - it was a plug in and it seemed to appear in the right place above my content and worked great. Using zvelenas code I put it into the child editor (got a friend to do it, I have a child theme and I dont know where it goes or where he put it!) and "its back" but you can probably see in my site it looks a mess! And is showing on the home page. I need to rise it up, so its inline with other titles. (I use the breadcrumb in the same style as my sub title s with aline, but the font, colours alignment everything has gone to pot! www.businessinteriors.co.uk

#17 zvelena

zvelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

mine is also below the other titles, but its more or less ok, i'm a minimum design "expert" so I dont care too much. If you got a solution for how to pull it back up, i'll take it

#18 liajustine

liajustine

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

I found a simple solution that worked for me (not sure if it is due to the Framework updates or not), you can give it a try to see if it works for you. I have my front page set up as a custom template and the rest of the site using the default template. On the default template I added the Universal sidebar (set to display across the top), then added the NavXT widget to the US. Breadcrumbs now display without a hitch across the entire site with exception of the front page. Hope that helps!

#19 zvelena

zvelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Ok i found a solution on how to move the breabcrumbs up : Just remove the
after from the function_exists line
 add_action('pagelines_before_postloop', 'add_breadcrumbsnavxt');
	function add_breadcrumbsnavxt(){
	?>
	<div class="breadcrumbs">