Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Footer Logo Problems!

Question

Posted · Report post

Okay so I've searched for an answer without any luck :( I apologize if I have missed it. Here's my Q: On my site: www.paydattention.com I'm trying to rid of the Pagelines Logo in my footer and I have done so successfully by using this: Paste into Custom Code -> Custom CSS: Edit: Credit link removed. If you need CSS to remove the footer credit, contact the help desk at hello@pagelines.com or upgrade to Developer. However, I can't seem to put my own logo in there. I have tried to upload a png file that is 120X120 pixels and it won't show. I then took out the code and the PageLines logo is back. What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

15 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Johnathan, what's the link to your site? Thanks.

Posted · Report post

How did you attempt to add your own logo?

Posted · Report post

I did try to attempt my own logo. But without success :( Link to my site is [url]www.paydattention.com[/url]

Posted · Report post

Were you giving your logo file the same name as the PageLines logo file and uploading it or doing something else?

Posted · Report post

I simply put this: [b]Edit:removed[/b] into the Custom Code section and it removed the Pagelines footer logo. I then tried to upload my own logo as a png file with the right dimensions and it wouldn't show up.

Posted · Report post

Hi Johnathan, Would it be possible for you to provide us with a link to your uploaded image please. Once we have this, I can give you give instructions on how to add your own logo to your footer.

Posted · Report post

http://paydattention.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/FooterLogo1.png

Posted · Report post

You can use a hook to add your logo to the footer. Are you using PlatformPro + PlatformBase or the Pagelines Framework?

Posted · Report post

Pagelines framework. It seems that the logo should appear when uploading via the UI of pagelines. How come it doesn't show? How do I add a hook? Im very confused and upset about this :(

Posted · Report post

Hi Johnathan, The easiest method would be to do the following. 1. Login to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > Select "Footer" template. 2. Now drag and drop the "Full Width Sidebar" section into the Footer template and place it below all the other active sections you have. 3. Once this is completed, navigate to Appearances > Widgets and drag and drop the "Text Widget" into the "Full Width Sidebar" and add this code: [code]
[/code] Once this is done, add this CSS to your custom code: [code].foot-image {text-align: center;}[/code] **Remember to change www.google.com to your preferred link.

Posted · Report post

Thank you Danny! That worked perfectly :) Now I just need to see if we can move my image in the header :)

Posted · Report post

Hi Johnathan, How do you mean, I thought you already had your logo in your header ?

Posted · Report post

Danny I'm having the same problem with my client site. Why is there an 'upload footer logo' option and yet this complicated work around? Is there going to be a fix to the pagelines framwork? Header and Footer Global Settings: Footer Logo (FootCols) Show a logo in the footer

Posted · Report post

The Upload Footer logo is for the Footer column sidebar, the above solution was to display a custom logo in the centre of the site's layout. The Footer column is positioned on the left. However, I understand and like I mentioned in my reply email to you, I have forwarded this onto our developers.

Posted · Report post

Hi There, it's still not clear to me what the "Footer Logo (FootCols)" is for. I've uploaded a logo, and nothing shows in my footer. Neither does the "More Statement (FootCols)" or "Site Terms Statement (FootCols)." Here's my test site: http://roycreative.com/_wordpress/roycreative.com/