Jump to content


Photo

iBlogPro Archive and Author Posts not working


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yngvenor

yngvenor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have just started using iBlogPro. I have a problem with the Author Posts and Archive pages -- when I click on an author's name or a month, I am redirected to the home page. This is not a problem with Tags and Categories. The configuration seems to be exactly the same for all of these. Address: http://www.godtsprak.no/blogg -- choose a month under "Bloggarkiv". For author, click on "Yngve Nordg??rd" in the byline of blog posts. I can't remember this being a problem before I started using this theme. Yngve

#2 Danny

Danny

    Is Awesome!

  • Moderators
  • 17931 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi Yngve,

Please review your permalink settings, your URL is very strange, below is what I am getting in my address bar when I click on a post or date etc...

http://www.godtsprak.no/blogg/#.Tyvg1sU9U8x <-- WHat is this ?

#3 yngvenor

yngvenor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi, Danny, I wondered about those weird URLs as well. It is like that unless I have the standard permalink setting. The permalink template was: /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ I have now tried all the settings, but the problem persists. Yngve

#4 catrina

catrina

    Advocate

  • Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

I've never seen this issue before and when I tried Googling it to see if anyone else has had the same issue, I don't get results (it is very difficult to search for something with "#.Tyvg1sU9U8x" in it). The same thing is also happening to me when I click on your permalinks. You may find some insight on custom permalinks and possible issues here: http://codex.wordpre...y.22_permalinks

#5 yngvenor

yngvenor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

I have found the solution. The problem was caused by a setting in the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin, under "Indexation --> Archive Settings". I had deactivated indexation of author archives and date-based archives. When I activated it, it worked. As for the strange URLs, the culprit was the AddThis plugin. Yngve

#6 Jenny

Jenny

    Advocate

  • Unicorn Store Dev

  • 2924 posts
  • LocationWV
  • Country: Country Flag

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks for the update. If you consider this issue resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!