19 replies to this topic

#1 nkodiahender

nkodiahender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

Hi ! I'm using the latest version of wordpress, the latest version of budypress and the new super cool Pagelines Framework.
I installed your buddypress/pagelines plugin and I have two main problems. As you can see on the screen capture. #1 there's no button to update the status. #2 There's no sidebar on the right, where it should be. Even when I drag and drop widgets in primary sidebar nothing happens. The sidebar is showing when your buddypress pagelines plugin isn't installed (not correctly placed though), but then totally disapear when I install the plugin.

I've been searching in the forum for hours before asking but I didn't find anything helpfull, so any help would be highly appreciated. I chose Pagelines Framework on this website because of it's compatibility with buddypress so now I'm a bit stuck.

here's the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you so much and sorry for my english ;)

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:32 AM

Your English is fine. Thank you for alerting us to this. I will have to submit it to our developers for their attention. The sidebars will not work within Pagelines Framework because of a problem in the way Buddypress controls the page. We regret that and continue to work to fix that problem.

#3 nkodiahender

nkodiahender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Thank you for your answer @rangelone.

After a quick check there's other problems with the buttons, for example when you want to upload a photo or reply to a comment/activity, the button exists but it's just not clickable. (still no button for status update though)

When I try with wordpress theme by default, buddypress works fine so I gues it's a compatibility problem with pagelines. Since I started to developp the whole site with pagelines framework I can't switch to another theme now :s

Hope you guys could help me with this, thanks again for your help, I'm waiting to hear more from you

Posted Image

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Does the hand cursor that appears when links are hovered over appear on the unclickable button?

#5 nkodiahender

nkodiahender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hi Catrina,
No the hand cursor does not appear on the unclickable button, it doesn't appeat on the clickable button either.

If you want to connect and see by yourself, you can connect here:

id: pagelines - password: pagelines

then go to:

to see the problem with the buttons when trying to upload a photo or update status.

You can test by yourself and see all the many different bugs. Can't comment, can't like, and so on...
It's still under construction so you won't be able to see all the tabs, you have to enter the url.

Thanks again.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for informing us of these issues. I'll log in and make a list of the issues to submit in a report.

#7 nkodiahender

nkodiahender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thank you Catrina. I really hope a solution is possible because the site I'm building is all about buddypress. Thank you again pagelines team!

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

I'm not sure why the buttons aren't working. If there is something "blocking" them, this may not to be removed but I don't know what it is. I submitted a report including this issue last week.

#9 nkodiahender

nkodiahender

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

Thank you, I'll be waiting for some updates then, but I hope it's not gonna take too long cause my project really depend on buddypress. Thank you thank you ;)

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

No problem!

#11 njumara

njumara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem and was wondering about a solution. On my registration page, the button for "create an account" is there but I can only see the top sliver of it. It seems to be behind the morefoot area? I tried to hide the morefoot settings in Pagelines Meta Buddypress, but they still show up, in all browsers, no cookies, etc. So, i took the morefoot sidebars out of the morefoot area and the button appearded but it seems to be butted right up against the footer? Is there a css fix to take care of issues like this? Using all updated, framework, and base theme. Thanks for the help!

#12 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

I've submitted a report on this matter again but don't have a date yet for a solution. Thank you for your patience.

#13 courage10

courage10

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Good afternoon All! First and foremost, I wanted to congratulate PageLines for the awesome work in the creation of PGL Framework. It's a great package that's enabled me to up-sell ALL of my PageLine Pro customers. I too chose Framework because of its BuddyPress integration. In fact, it was part of my upgrade selling presentation so I have 5 sites waiting to upgrade from Platform Pro to Framework with BuddyPresss. As of right now, I've been doing my due diligence in the Docs and Forum and came across many notes listing concerns/issues with Framework/BP integration. Here are my questions: Have the issues been solved with BuddyPress integration been solved in full? It should also be stated that I'm not on fire over here; I have the Pro-to-Framework site upgrades to execute... Next, I noticed that it's been suggested that "...using a child theme is recommended as well." for installing BP within Framework. I was looking for a succinct answer as to "why?" Thanks again. I look forward to receiving your answers when you can get to them. rwo

#14 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 232 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

I can answer your section question: during the process of integrating BuddyPress with PageLines, you are required to install the BuddyPress Template Pack. This plugin dumps several dozen template files into your theme. If you have the Base Theme activated, those template files get installed there, safe from any updated to the PageLines Framework. However, if all you have is the PageLines Framework activated, those files will get wiped out whenever there is an update. If that happens, you should be able to reconfigure the BuddyPress Template Pack to reinstall those needed files every time you update. Once you do everything should return back to normal. We recommend using the Base theme so you don't have to worry about your BuddyPress going down & having to reconfigure. Either way it's up to you. If you haven't already, check out

for more information on integrating

#15 courage10

courage10

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thank you Chris!

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'll let him know you replied Raymond!

#17 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Raymond, did Chris's suggestion work for your site?

#18 meilena

meilena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi Raymond, If you have any issues at all with this resolution please let us know. We wanted to follow up to see if this worked out for you.

#19 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi Raymond - Please let us know if you still have questions :)

#20 indieconnie

indieconnie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Greetings! I just switched our site to the Pagelines Theme. I have BuddyPress and WishList Member installed. I find it working well though there are still some little bugs I am chasing down. I do not have sidebars on the BuddyPress pages. I would love to have 2, but if I could get at least one I would be happy. Has the sidebar thing been fixed?