Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Export Demo / Import

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Exported and XML file of 'all' content from the Demo - tried to import via my account tab in Pagelines into my actual server - am receiving an error message - that there was a problem and make sure I am using the right file?? I think I saw in someone else's question that there was a video about this - but can't seem to find it.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The export file will not be an xml. You need 2 files, the worpress xml file which contains post data and image urls, then the pagelines settings which is located under the account tab.

Posted · Report post

Thanks again Pross - think I just found that! Have sucessfully imported the pagelines setting under the account menu ... and now am about to import the xml file in the tools menu that I had created there.

Posted · Report post

oops - says the WP importer is not approved for my current version of WP which is the newest - should I go there anyway or will it create problems for me?

Posted · Report post

No thats the latest version.

Posted · Report post

What a mess - now have doubles of menu items as my original items were not overwritten - no sidebar content exported .... lots of clean up ahead! Why did I think this would be easy?

Posted · Report post

Menus are handled by wordpress importer, and sidebars are not even exported by wordpress, not is is never easy.

Posted · Report post

LOL - at least my demo is still live for a bit - so I can copy & paste - fair warning to everyone else