• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hi, I'm reposting this (slightly modified for clarity) because I marked the original thread "accepted" accidentally (newbie) and am still trying to find an answer to this question which I think will interest many people.

I'm trying to add a widget area to the right of my branding (above the social media) and can't figure out how to do this. I want to use a plugin for text sizing in that area.

If I try to add a universal sidebar it goes either below or above but not to the right...

Please help! I have seen so many sites with content to the right (such as a phone number, etc) of the logo on the "same level" visually--why can't it be done easily with Pagelines?? This should be implemented as it's a hot spot for ads, etc. and prime real estate.

Other notes:
I'm using the new 2.0 framework.

From another post tip I found on Paglines forum, I used the Custom Widget Area plugin

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. They give PHP code to insert (from the Custom Widget Area plugin in the repository).

The code is:

if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Header Widget Area')) :

endif;

Where do I put this? I tried adding the below code to my functions.php file and it didn't work...(you can go to my site

and see how the code actually pops up in the actual layout...but that's better than breaking it completely which i did a few times)...

// add_action('hook_name','function name');
add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'new_widgetarea');

// function name
function new_widgetarea(){?>

if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Header Widget Area')) :

endif;

// end function

My site is

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Tan