6 replies to this topic

#1 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Just updated to Framework 2.1 and my feature rotation stopped working. After playing around, I found that if I set feature rotation to 13 or fewer, it will work and display thumbs - but if I put in any number greater than 13 the rotation stops and only the first feature image displays and never rotates. The thumbs completely disappear although the play/pause button remains. I had a slightly similar situation before upgrading to 2.1 where I could not display more than 23 features/thumbs. I was hoping that 2.1 would correct this bug, but it seams to have made it worse. I have tried switching to 'squares or dots', 'feature names' or 'numbers' and the same scenario - if I put more than 13 nothing displays except the play/pause and the rotation is disabled - only showing the first feature image as a static image. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Website is puertoricohotelreservations.com

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

To my experience the slider has no limit however, it will stop if the images don't match the size, or are too large. For example, a client had a great site but uploaded very large images that exceeded the width and/or height of the slider. He couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. As soon as he resized his images to match the feature slider, the problem went away.

#3 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Its not the image size - I checked all thumbs and they are 50px x 30px. I also deactivated all plugins and this didn't help either. I went to Settings/Read and made sure this number was high since its mentioned in the feature page as the default number of features. I removed all features and then tried putting them back one by one and this doesn't help. I also removed all custom css regarding features that I had from previous version but nothing helps. Any ideas? I was fine when using Platform Base, had a limit of about 23 features/thumbs in Framework 2.0 and now 13 or less in Framework 2.1. Thanks!

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

We can only speculate as to the problem as you have not provided any links or information. 2.0 had no limitation neither does 2.1 have any limitation on features, it just fetches all posts that match the query, using a standard WP_Query(), if you have a post limit set in the feature page, or some other limit set then wordpress will use that limit. If its set to category, it loads all posts in that category til it hits either the wordpress posts per page limit or the limit you set, there is no hard coded limits.

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

As an example, i just created 300 test posts, and added that category to the feature page
Posted Image

#6 rholm

rholm

Advanced Member

• Members

• 64 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Link is in original post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It looks like something got corrupted in the upgrade - I created a new features-set and started adding features one by one. Eventually identified one feature that was causing the problem - although everything looked fine (size of images, etc) I just deleted it and now things are looking fine.

#7 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Glad you found the problem :)