• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'm trying to add a widget area to the right of my branding (above the social media) and can't figure out how to do this. I want to use a plugin for text sizing and also below that add a text widget with a simple tagline. Seems like it would be pretty easy but I've spent the last two hours trying to figure this out and I can't... If I try to add a universal sidebar it goes either below or above but not to the right... Please help! I have seen so many sites with content to the right (such as a phone number, etc) of the logo on the "same level" visually--why can't it be done easily with Pagelines?? This should be implemented as it's a hot spot for ads, etc. and prime real estate. Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

Is a tagline all you're adding to this area above your branding? If so, it can be done with a hook (see here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). Are you using PlatformPro + PlatformBase or the PageLines Framework?

#3 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hi Catrina,
Thanks for writing back!
No, I'd also like to add the plugin for text resizing. I'm using the new 2.0 framework.

From another post I found and commented on, I used the Custom Widget Area plugin. They give PHP code to insert (from the Custom Widget Area plugin in the repository) but I'm not any good at PHP so not sure how to insert and make it happen...

The code is:

if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Header Widget Area')) :

endif;

Where do I put this? I tried adding this to my functions.php file and it didn't work...(you can go to my site

and see how the code actually pops up in the actual layout...but that's better than breaking it completely which i did a few times)...

// add_action('hook_name','function name');
add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons', 'new_widgetarea');

// function name
function new_widgetarea(){?>

if (!function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Header Widget Area')) :

endif;

// end function

My site is

Thanks in advance!
Best,
Tan

#4 tandan

tandan

• Members

• 152 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

btw what does "accept" or "reject" answer mean? the answer was not completely answered but "rejected" seems a bit harsh. :)