Add opt-in form next to feature slider

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to reduce the feature slider size and butt right next to it an opt in form? Where would I edit this and exactly how would I do it? I do not want to use a side bar on the front page.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

You may be able to add it to the custom HTML section of the feature and just create the form yourself using HTML.

#3 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

Would you please elaborate on how exactly would I do this? I would appreciate specific instructions on how to do this.

#4 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts
  • LocationHelmond

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

Why is it that you don't want to use a sidebar to hold your opt in form?

#5 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

I have a large 900px wide site that has 3 boxes underneath the slider. That size of a slider is simply too large, especially when I am going to use a video on the slider. I have seen this on many wordpress websites. There is a form or box right next to the slider. Should I be emailing support directly to get this information?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Okay, see this topic: http://www.pagelines...olution#Item_53 Make sure you implement your form inside a sidebar via Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. If it's a plugin, there may be a widget for it. If it's something manually coded, get the right code and drop it into a text widget inside the correct sidebar. Meanwhile, what's your URL?

#7 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

Sorry I should have clarifed that having a sidebar on the front page isn't possible with the boxes and from a design standpoint it would ruin the flow. .

#8 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

Thanks but I don't want to use a sidebar. I am using a full width page. Also I am developing in maintenance mode.

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Could you post an image and more detailed explanation of what you want to have done on your site or how it should appear? It would help a lot since we can't see your site live, though at some point we may still need that.

#10 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Here is a link to an image of the set up. Thanks http://imageshack.us...s/100/pfsz.jpg/

#11 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts
  • LocationHelmond

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi,

Are you using Pagelines Framework 2.1.1 ?
Did this without any custom CSS: Test Page

Is that the layout you are looking for?

#12 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

That's pretty nice for just a test page ;)

#13 Jackey

Jackey

Advocate

• Members

• 685 posts
  • LocationHelmond

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

@Jenny: I really need to stop using my site as a sandbox ;)

#14 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

LoL ;)

#15 bdox

bdox

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the example. It is of course in the general direction, but I didn't want to use a sidebar widget. I guess I was hoping for a really integrated, seamless design.

#16 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

@bdox, The sidebar is your best solution without requiring extreme customization done by a professional developer. I have looked at alternative sliders and none of them provide a space to add some non-slider content next to them. Since on that page you have only one sidebar widget, you could coordinate your sidebar with Widget Logic to ensure that the form widget only appears on pages where the slider is to appear. If that doesn't work for you, then perhaps writing an email to hello@pagelines.com for a quote for Professional Developer services is your best bet. If you write, please include a link to this topic and a detailed explanation of what you need done.