Custom link "Previous Entries" & "Search"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 antoine

antoine

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

Dear All, Here I am with another issue I would like to fix. Actually, I'm running a Blog with Patform Pro and I would like to change two things : - At the bottom of the Blogs & Post area I would like to translate "Previous Entries" and "Next Entries" into "Pr?©c?©dent" and "Suivant" - I would like also translate in the search bar the term "search" into "rechercher". Actually, this website - as my english can show it - is in french and severals links are automatically in english. Do you know how I could fix this ? Thank you all ! A. P.S.: www.bernardchaussegros.com is the website I'm referencing !

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi,

I have never needed to perform a translation before. However, if you follow these instructions everything should be translated apart from "Leave a Reply".

1. Look up Localization on WordPress:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. Use PoEdit (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) to create your translation files.

3. After translating the file by Poedit save the translation. Poedit creates two files for you. One with the extension ".po" and the other one with the extension ".mo".

Upload both files to the folder "language" located in PageLines folder. Alternatively, you could use another plugin (e.g. Codestyling plugin) to apply the translations. The "Leave a Reply" text and a couple of others are hard-coded into WP and are a bit more tricky to translate.