• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bethzimmerman

bethzimmerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have tried to figure this out on my own and can't seem to get it to work. I would like to add a background on my blog and then have the content in white boxes. How would I accomplish this? www.lookingfortigger.com Thanks in advance! Beth

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

Beth, Login as admin, then navigate to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Color Control. There, you select Content Width Page from the two optional graphic selectors. Scroll down and put #FFFFFF into the Page Content color box. Scroll down just a bit to Site Background Image (Optional) and upload a graphic you wish for you background. Make sure the image isn't too big a file size or it will slow down the site. Set the image to not repeat or repeat depending on the nature of your image; For the vertical position, select 0 and if you're using one image, set the horizontal to 50. If you wish the content area to float over the background, moving independently over it when scrolling up and down on the page, then select "scroll" from the background attachment options. If you have one image and want it spread across the entire visible area across browsers, check the option to supersize. Save the settings. You will now have a graphic background, a while content area and precisely what you desired in your request. I hope this works nicely for you.

#3 bethzimmerman

bethzimmerman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

It worked! Thank you! :)