3 replies to this topic

#1 ah2evoxy82raqhs

ah2evoxy82raqhs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

I'm trying to use boxes on a page that displays a sidebar on the left. However the boxes display full width below the content ares. I want the boxes to display within the content area; and I want to be able to have this happen only on this one page for now. I've searched around the forums and nothing posted so far has solved my problem. I tried the three CSS Selectors in the boxes setup, to no avail. Any help in accomplishing this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

John, the effort to include boxes inside the content area has been one that people have struggled with unsuccessfully for a long time. PageLines Framework does include an ability to easily include boxes inside the content area, so I will recommend you seriously consider upgrading. However, if that's not an option for you, there's another option; a plugin called BOXER. http://wordpress.org.../plugins/boxer/ Boxer allows you to use shortcodes to place boxes on your site inside the content area. The thing you must do however is to read all the instructions as the Boxer plugin is somewhat complex, even if the results are wonderful. It also has improved ways of handling images (via the feature image option), laying it out in an assortment of ways. Because the box itself is a shortcode, inside the box setup you can add shortcodes, scripts and other things that never worked very well inside the regular boxes, giving you even greater control. The appearance of these boxes is great, and I really like using the plugin. It can be a tough learning curve but you can do it!

#3 danfo

danfo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Did you mean that I can include boxes in the content area if I have PlatformPro? If I can, please explain to me how I do that.

#4 nudolio

nudolio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

In this case he is referring to Framework - which is a diff Pagelines template. I'm looking for the answer to this for Platform Pro too. i'll let you know what i find