Photo
- - - - -

Cforms styling screwing up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 randomdejyahoocom

randomdejyahoocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'm using several cforms and for some reason the styling is always screwy. I'm using WHP3.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Notice, the radio fields have a huge left margin and the labels are stacked under the buttons. The regular field labels are very short. I can fix the regular labels, but the radio fields continue to elude me. I've uninstalled/reinstalled cforms, using a fresh download of WHP3. That didn't help anything. I've also completely deactivated cforms CSS styling, and that helped everything except the radio buttons. But I like styling, so I've left it on in the link above, Is there CSS anywhere else overlapping with this and causing the weird radio fields?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

It looks like this CSS was in the cforms stylesheet for some reason. Just add this to your custom code options or go in manually to cforms.css and edit it: ` ol.cf-ol li.cf-box-group, ol.cf-ol li.cf-box-title { padding-left:10px; } `

#3 randomdejyahoocom

randomdejyahoocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

Thanks, that got rid of the margin. Radio fields still aren't aligning, though.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

You can try adding this:

Thanks, Bryan

#5 randomdejyahoocom

randomdejyahoocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

Okay, I have problems. It has to be WHP3 CSS overlap. I deactivated and deleted cforms, and then went to the database and deleted the cforms options. That erased all my forms, but hey, I want to figure out what's wrong. I have a fresh install of cforms, with all options completely reset, and I've removed the custom code from theme options. The radio buttons are still misaligned and indented.

I'm looking into another form plugin that has a lot of features - Formidable Forms. But the features that cforms is offering for free cost $35 in Formidable. Does WHP3 /actually/ have specialized code to support cforms, or does cforms merely "come with the package"? Because if there's specialized code, I need to see it.

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Yes, there is specialized CSS syling the forms. In this case you need to "disable the cforms styling" under the forms options... this will allow the theme styling of those forms to take effect.. I think this is your problem.

#7 randomdejyahoocom

randomdejyahoocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

Tried that. But I /do/ want Cforms styling, not WHP3 styling... I found the answer on a previous thread.

Forms conform to the expected cforms previews now.