When I upload a picture to the Banner there is no margin on the Right Hand Side

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrewbamford

andrewbamford

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

When I upload an image to the Banner it is flush to the right hand side of the banner with no margin. I have looked at the Page line Site and there is a margin on there. http://charitytradin...uk/our-mission/ I use firefox and have also checked it on chrome an the same this is happening. Any ideas how to fix it so there is a margin to the right of the picture? PS I do not understand code much so please keep it simple Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm not exactly sure why that's happened and will speak to one of our developers about it. However, one thing I should point out, you should resize your image in the banner. That image loads very slowly because it is actually very large. Try cutting it down to under 650px wide to reduce the file size and load time.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Okay. Just spoke with the developer. The image you have is set to be max-width:100% and you're using an image 4000px wide. At that size it should cover 3 laptop screens, side by side. You need to resize images to manageable sizes on your site. That one image is 1.1Mb. So, to ease this for you, I've resized it to 350px wide.
Posted Image
(just right click, save image and replace the big one).

The max-width tag combined with the 4000px wide image is killing the padding normally found.