Photo

lost customization after an update, how to get it back?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 waja

waja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

I am using free platform theme recently i updated the wordpress because i had a javascript malware as soon i updated the malware was gone and i thought i should also update the free theme and both have been done successfully. I backed up the previous theme folder and then updated the platform theme however with this new update i am unable to see the header, footer and i have other minor display changes. Please let me know what needs to be done in order get the same colors and the customization back to my site. I am fairly new to wordpress stuff. Thanks in advance.

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Can you post a link to your site please?

#3 waja

waja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:59 PM

yes, it is computertroubleshooting.co

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

I see the header and footer on your site, but I can see that the customizations are missing. Were you using CSS for these customizations?

#5 waja

waja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

i am not quite sure where the css file is but i was thinking if i activate the previous theme and then check if the customization is back then i can export the settings and then install the new theme and then import the settings - would this work ? if not which files do i need to copy to my new theme version so that i can get the customization and images back? let me know what needs to be done so that i can start doing it. thanks for your time.

#6 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

So you upgraded to the platform free version, from a previous version of that theme or from a different theme? What kind of customizations have you lost?

#7 waja

waja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

yes i had a free platform theme and i updated the free platform theme...... then i am not able to see the header image and the footer image mainly ..pls let me know how to get it back :)

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

footer image? did you edit footer.php?

#9 waja

waja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

no i have not edited anything i just updated new theme .... i wanted to know if i need to copy and paste the old header.php and footer.php to get back the old images of footer and header

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Settings are stored in the database. Updating should ake no difference. How did you add a footer image?