#1 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Framework Version:Pagelines v2.4.3 and DMS

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Do I have to adjust the settings on every page for my features. I thought I could set that under "special" But it doesn't matter what i put there. I have to edit it on every page anyway. I have the developer addition. This is really annoying since i have set up a site for a client. And it looks really stupid every time they will make a new post. So how do i fix this ?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

The global options for the feature slider are expected in the next update which I hope will be coming soon. Are you trying to change feature slides without having to edit the individual pages? May we have a link to see what you mean? Thanks.

#3 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

I am not sure how you mean. No I am not trying to change them. I just want the same to appear on every page. And if I can't set a global option. Then what is "Special"? I can provide you with a link but you can't see what I mean, since I have corrected the error, and the page belong to a client so I will not undo the correction. When they make a new post, the feature will have the wrong size, and no transition will appear. You can look here www.smakom.se. the link "sensate nytt" is a blogpage. And when (if) they make a change, that feature will have a feature with all the slides, regardless of the settings. no transition, wrong size and so forth...

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi @pehja Global options (i.e. what you're wanting to do) are coming in the next release.

#5 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 564 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I am happy to here that the abbility to set global options for feature will be in the next release. But I am trying to understand what special is for? If special is not to set this, then what do I use it for?

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

The special settings are for special wordpress pages. These pages are not real pages, they do not have a page ID in the database as they are dynamically shown with the wordpress 'loop'. For example the category listings page, the tags page and your blog page, all dynamic pages.