• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hardcorechuck

hardcorechuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:23 PM

I am beginning a new project using Wordpress and Bluehost.com. My goal with this project is to build a local social network. I've read every forum about Buddypress, WP Symposium, Vanilla. . .and have spent hours trying out what works and what doesn't. Pagelines has the theme styling I want as I am not proficient with CSS yet. I am prepared to purchase the Pro version in order with the theme to work with one of the social plugins. What I have not yet found is a solid answer on which plugin satisfies my goals and is compatible with pagelines. I am prepared to "tweek" as needed but I am not prepared to spend hours and hours working on something that is destine to fail. Below are my goals for this site. Any advice on what plugin works best is greatly appreciated. Goals: User Profile Page w/Avatar(Individual and Business) User can create/contribute open or closed groups and forums User can search and contact other users directly in an inclusive design Buddypress seems to have a lot of issues with pagelines but seems to be the most popular. Thank you for any and all replies.

#2 hardcorechuck

hardcorechuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

The more I read the more I believe that using a combination of Vanilla as the forum with a profile plugin that integrate. Good idea or bad idea?