Photo

How to add boxes that act like links (don't know the name)?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 unitedrams

unitedrams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

I want to have boxes at the bottom of my static homepage like this: www.skoolwerk.com How do I do that with PageLines? Are they even called boxes? If so, I tried adding New Box but that doesn't work. Thanks!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

If you are referring to the text columns at the very bottom, with the black background, those are footer columns in PageLines Framework and are set up in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets by adding the applicable choice of widgets to the Footer (not the Morefoot). You may add any one of the widgets there but you have limits. Set up the number of columns in Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Footer Setup

#3 unitedrams

unitedrams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hey Rangelone, That's not what I mean. I mean the 'Comm Tech 10', 'Film 12', and 'Yearbook' boxes that say read more on top of the footer. Thanks for the speedy reply!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Those boxes you speak of can be accomplished with a Box set of 3 boxes. When you say you tried to add one but it wouldn't work, do you mean that it just wouldn't show up? You'll need to enable the Boxes in a template first in order for them to display. There is more documentation on boxes here: http://www.pagelines...e_Boxes_Section

#5 unitedrams

unitedrams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Yes that's what I'm referring to. I've read and followed that and works, however I'd like the boxes to appear ONLY on my static homepage. Putting them in the templates enables them on every page in my site which I don't want. Thanks for your help

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Can you please post a link to your site?

#7 unitedrams

unitedrams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Sure, www.unitedrams.com On the homepage under the carousel, I'd like to replace Latest Update and Ram Gallery with boxes.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Are you using PageLines Free? (Just double-checking)

#9 unitedrams

unitedrams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yes I am.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Start here: http://www.pagelines...e_Boxes_Section Boxes are added via the Templates (Dashboard > PageLines > Templates) by selecting the template used for your static homepage then adding the boxes to the template via drag and drop. Boxes are then created at Dashboard > Boxes > Add New.

#11 marin_it

marin_it

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

@Uniteddreams I think what you are asking can be solved if when editing each page (that is not the homepage) on the right side you will see "PageLines section control" this way you can override what is applied "by default" (since it's defined on the template) and hide the sidebars or any other element. I hope this helps. I'm kinda new but I've seen the tutorials where it's explained and it works like that.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi UnitedDreams, You're using the free version of Platform Pro and not the Lite version of PageLines Framework. The documentation you have been reading is only for PageLines Framework. Platform Pro is now our legacy theme framework, as it was replaced with PageLines Framework. In order to achieve what you want, you will need to do the following. ??? Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboad ??? Go to Appearance > PageLines Settings > Template Setup ??? Then in the drop down menu, select the "Default Page" and then drag and drop the "PageLines Boxes" to the "Displayed Default Page Sections". Once you have completed the above click the Save Options and then go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Page and select the page you're using for your static homepage. Then go scroll down and in the PageLines Meta Settings, select the Boxes settings tab and configure the options.