Photo
- - - - -

Youtube video scale with responsive site?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freshlightstudios

freshlightstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

I don't have a smartphone, and at this stage my site is in MAMP. My site is setup to be responsive. I have put a video inside of Features > this Features was installed into the Content Area of the Template Setup. It works great. Prior to this method, I pasted the embed code into the WP Editor, not as great. Features is the best way to go, yes? However, from my computer I scale down the browser window as narrow as it will go in Chrome and everything adjusts or scales down accordingly??¦ except the video I embedded in Features > Content Area. What's going to happen on a smartphone? Will it scale on the smartphone or automatically flip horizontally? I'm told from a friend that he's never had any problem viewing any youtube video on his smartphone from any site so far, so I don't really know what goes on with videos in responsive sites.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

An embedded video doesn't scale down when the window is resized (you can see this phenomenon occur when you watch videos on YouTube). I'm not sure how it'll look on a smartphone, but usually when you play a YouTube video on the iPhone the video shows in a separate pop-up made exclusively for YouTube videos (I don't know how it is for other types of videos).