• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 freshlightstudios

freshlightstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Working my way through video PLET 1.5, I got to the point where I refresh the store after creating "My Sample Section" steps, and it turned off Base Section (pullquote) and created a new section in Sections with the custom name I created. In your case, My Sample Section. I had to then reactivate the Base Section (pullquote) to get that working again. Does this all sound right? I had also changed the variable "define('WP_DEBUG', false);" to be true, in the wp-config file as explained in the video, and did the same with 'PL_DEV' as well. After refreshing my browser, there appeared a dozen or so debug lines of code at the top of the admin area of WP, and the same showed at the top of the website I'm developing. I assume I have been all instructions clearly, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with anything before doing this. Have any idea what is going on?

#2 freshlightstudios

freshlightstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

So, I turned off all of the debugging in the wp-config.php file and things went back to normal. But the following below is what was showing up with WP and PL debugging set to 'true': Notice: Undefined variable: smtpsettings in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/cforms/lib_aux.php on line 15 Notice: Undefined index: cforms_showdashboard in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/cforms/cforms.php on line 1583 Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3587 Notice: wp_enqueue_style was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3587 Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3467 Notice: Undefined variable: cache_needs_updating in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php on line 97 Warning: fopen(/Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4452 Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4455 Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4458 Notice: Undefined index: update in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/cforms/cforms.php(50) : runtime-created function on line 1 Notice: Undefined index: page in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/admin-notices.inc.php on line 136

#3 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

If you look at some of the errors, you will be able to figure out the answers

Example:

Notice: Undefined variable: smtpsettings in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/cforms/lib_aux.php on line 15

smtpsettings: The "smtp" tells me it's something to do with sending mail. /plugins/cforms/ tells me it's a cforms error. Not much you can do about that except alert the plugin author.

For:

Warning: fopen(/Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/bens_photo/Sites/wp-olsc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4452

Have you installed the default PageLines Sections plugin from the store? I assume so (it will be active in your WP -> Plugins.

Most of these, especially the notices, you can just ignore.

#4 freshlightstudios

freshlightstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Well that helps me interpret them, thanks. I was doing the Pagelines video PLET-1.5 and was following it; that is what caused these problems. But I now think that I don't need to do what that video teaches? It was showing how to do a custom section, so I did, and these were the debugging I messages I was getting. With that said, what would you make of these bugs? I can contact the cforms autor no problem, but regarding the pagelines Warnings?

#5 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:51 PM

WHen you enable debugging you will see all those warnings and errors. If its not affecting your site negatively I wouldn't worry about it too much, just make sure to turn of debugging on any live site.

#6 freshlightstudios

freshlightstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

Wonderful, thanks. It seems like if you have the latest version of PL (and I do) then the video PLET-1.5 is not relevant except for if you want to know how to debug? I mean, it seems like everything that was done in that video has been added to the most current version of PL 2.0. When I created a new pagelines-section I went through this (see thread), and when I created the custom pagelines-section it deactivated the Pullquotes plugin. So I deactivated the custom one, deleted it of of my harddrive, and reinstalled the one that the video instructs to alter. I get the concept of creating a custom section or the need for one, but the PLET-1.5 video disabled the pullquotes plugin. Maybe there's a video tutorial after that one that re-codes the pullquote functionality back into the custom section?