• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ksorgius

ksorgius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Please forgive me for asking this question, as it has been asked and answered multiple times, but no matter what I try, I can't fix it. I want to center my header. I added this code #branding .mainlogo-link, #branding .mainlogo-img {margin-left:-20px;}. No change. I have very limited experience with css. Here is my site: www.notconsumed.com Thank you

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 18003 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hi,

Your first problem is that the upload option should only really be used for logo's and not full header/banner images. However if you change the width of the header image from 980px to 960px and use the following the code:

#branding .content-pad {padding: 25px 0px 25px 0pxn!important;}

Your header/banner image should then be centred.

#3 ksorgius

ksorgius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Ok, I resized it to 960, and put in that code with no results. Is that the complete code needed? If so, where should I be putting it? Perhaps that is my problem.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

It looks like you have the free version of PageLines installed. Unfortunately you can't do custom CSS with it. If you upgrade to the professional version, this option is available. What you will need to do is create your logo image based on the width of the area it will be placed in. Then center the logo, using a photo editor.