Square Logo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hi -- I've read all posts here related to square logos -- was going to put logo image in universal sidebar, but can't figure out how to to have nav and other modules (boxes, etc.) NEXT TO the universal sidebar instead of underneath. Can someone pls. help me code either to have the logo in branding or in universal sidebar next to other modules?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thx.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13243 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi Honey, I have visited your website and I can't seem to find any Universal sidebar on the website you linked. Would it be possible for you to attach a concept image of what you want your site to look like please.

#3 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi, Danny -- Thx for looking at the site. I decided after I posted the message that I would use a visual header, not just the logo, so the logo concept (though not final yet) is fine. However -- I have a similar question for the blog page -- how would I change the header for just the blog page. And then how would I use a square logo in the corner and position the first blog post next to it. (Mock-up:

)

Thx! h.

#4 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

P.S. -- Could even put the nav in a sidebar under logo for blog page, if would work. Thx.

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2920 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hmm.. I imagine you could either insert it using a hook or you could use something like the universal sidebar and put your image in it. Add it to the "blog" page in templates, then just style it with CSS to appear to the left (or however you want).

#6 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:54 AM

I was originally trying to put it in the universal sidebar. It's in there now -- can you pls. help with CSS to position it to the left of nav/other content? Thx.

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2920 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

First, you will need to change the setup of your site. If you don't, the universal sidebar location changes as the browser window is re-sized.

Visit PageLines -> Settings -> Layout Editor. Select "Static with Pixel Width".
Visit PageLines -> Settings -> Color Control. Select "Content Width Page".

Then add the following to your custom CSS. This is my best guess on what it should be when using the correct layout. It may need to be tweaked a little when the layout is changed.

#8 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

Jenny -- Thx for the CSS -- the logo is next to the content now, but I assume there needs to be some CSS for the content area to change the left margin so that it doesn't sit under the universal sidebar. Any thoughts? Thx much, h.

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

This is what your logo looks like right now (from what I see on Firefox for Mac): Did you want it to be moved to the right slightly?

#10 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

I couldn't make it work with CSS, so changed the header to be full length instead of just a square to the left. Seems like a number of people have asked for a solution to this with no solution... Thx for trying to help.

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'm unsure why you rejected the previous reply if you determined a solution. Placing a square logo should be no different than placing a rectangular one in the header. It should have been relatively easy to add the double line as a background inside the header space, even changing it based on the page. It should also be relatively easy to do the square logo the same way - with CSS selectors for the specific page. The header background and logo could then have been easily centered.

#12 honeyberk

honeyberk

• Members

• 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

I rejected it because no one provided me with a solution that worked to keep the universal sidebar to the left and then have content to the right of it. Because there was not solution offered in this thread or in any previous threads I found in the forum I changed the design of the header. I am happy to install on a test domain and try any solution you would like to offer.

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

That would make it easier for us since we'd be able to take a closer look at it.