#1 irenemolinar

irenemolinar

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

HELP MEEE !!! :-((

My PageLine Site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Let me start by saying PageLine its a wonderful product and a penny well spent. For someone like me with little web design knowledge, I found it easy to get my site ready for content. I just need to customize the navigation bar (I think this will be a helpful feature to add to pageline setting > color control).

Ive been driving myself crazy for the past 24hr trying to figure it out. When I couldn't find out how to change the background color of he navigation bar across the whole page and no just the wrap or container. I just settled for uploading a background image in the color control. Setting it to scroll and repeat-x. This works for now and gives me the looking im going for, but im afraid it wont look right on different devices.
Posted Image

I later found a forum posted by Danny that I thought would solve my nav bar madness. The code to customize the navigation bar and hover background colors.

I thought this would be the answer to my prayers, but (forgive me if my terminology is incorrect) for some reason I cant call #primary-nav.

This is the code I would like to use:

I believe the code is correct. Ive placed it in the custom css, and when that didn't work in the style.css file. I thought well maybe its not called #primary-nav, so I tried to find that code. It was not located in the style.css file but I did find it in the rtl.css

I thought Ok heres my problem, this code is telling it not to show anything, so I replaced it with my custom code, and still nothing.

PLEASE HELP!! Im running out of hair to pull.

Other Questions:
* Interested in adding Vimeo to my site. How would I achieve this look

?
* Love the Social Icon under Header and Footer. But how can I add custom icon links , and move them from the header into one of the the columns in the footer?

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Try changing this:

to this:

;

#3 irenemolinar

irenemolinar

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Fantastic it worked =D

#4 irenemolinar

irenemolinar

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:02 AM

Still need a little help with the hover

Tried this, but isn't working

I know that this code edits the nav links

so i tried this code

but it didnt work either.. Any suggestions.