Photo

How do I just have the terms in my footer?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi, I am trying to just have the Terms appear in my Footer. I am trying to figure out how to get rid of the 5 columns and have the terms in it's place in one column along the lines of a URL that was previously mentioned in another post... (http://www.alcopstore.com/) My website URL is: http://simplyeuphori...olate.com/home/ Any help would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!

#2 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Can anyone help me with this? I need to have my copyright line (which I have in my terms section) only in the bottom footer instead of the 5 columns seen at the bottom of my page (currently) at http://simplyeuphori...olate.com/home/ . I'm sure there is code that has to be changed and I have version 4 of iblogpro. I'm not too good with code so I really need someone to assist me. Thanks!

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

You can create a child theme based on iBlogPro so that you can edit the file you need to without worrying about losing the changes when you upgrade. For more information on creating child themes, please see here: http://codex.wordpre...rg/Child_Themes

#4 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

Unfortunately I'm not that good with coding and child themes just seems a little complicated for me at this point. Thanks though. Anyone else have any suggestions??? Thanks!

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

You can use Dashboard > PageLines > Template (presuming you're using iBlogPro5) to include a universal or full width sidebar in place of the footer.
Then, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and apply a text widget to the sidebar.

Inside the text widget, create a div and within the div, add your link to the privacy statement and anything else you wish. Close the div. Make sure the div ID is bottomnav.

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules and add:
 #bottomnav {
	    border-bottom: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
	    border-top: 1px solid #DDDDDD;
	    clear: both;
	    font-size: 0.9em;
	    margin: 1em 3px 0.5em;
	    padding: 4px;
	}

Make adjustments as you wish for color, sizes, etc.

#6 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

@rangelone - I am currently using iBlogPro4 Developer. Could I still follow these directions with that version?

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

No, since you don't have the Template settings and in that case, the CSS provided wouldn't work. You'll need to modify the footer file somehow, but that is not recommended since changes you make to it can be overwritten by updates.

#8 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Thanks Catrina. Would you suggest I just get the iBlogPro5 upgrade to do this and if so, how do I get it?

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

To make it easier for you, yes. You can buy it directly from the website: http://www.pagelines...ines-iblogpro5/

#10 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Catrina - I just got the iblogpro5 theme but it says that it is broken. ---- Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description iBlogPro5 The parent theme is missing. Please install the "pagelines" parent theme. ---- I have the iblogpro4 theme activated so I'm just trying to get the iblogpro5 theme installed correctly. Any solutions?

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sorry, I didn't mention that you need the PageLines Framework (available from PageLines.com) in order for iBlogPro5 to work.

#12 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Oh no. That is not good. I don't think spending another 150 bucks to get that is going to be feasible for me. I think I may just want to go the route of changing the code and upon upgrades just document what needs to be changed and upon any upgrades, just make the changes. With that, would you be able to guide me with what coding changes I need to make?

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

First, if you don't want iBlogPro5, write to hello@pagelines.com and explain the error in your purchase - that you do not have PageLines Framework and don't wish to purchase it. There should be little problem resolving that. iBlogPro4 will likely not be updated or upgraded as we have released iBlogPro5 to be a child theme for PageLines Framework. If you wish to edit iBlogPro4, go ahead but I'd suggest keeping a backup of both the original and the edited versions on your local computer for safe keeping.

#14 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thanks Rangelone. I will send the email. As for the coding changes for iblogpro4 - I definitely would be keep the different versions. So for the editing of the files, I am not good with coding so I need code editing help. Do you have any suggestions as to who can help. My website is www.simplyeuphoricchocolate.com Thanks!

#15 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

Have you checked out iBlogPro -> Footer Options?

#16 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

simple_mama - in iblogpro4 there are no options to take away the 5 column footer. I'm really looking for someone familiar with this footer change to help with changing code for the footer. Thanks

#17 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:41 AM

That footer can be hidden using CSS if you don't want it to display.

#18 petriellog2

petriellog2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:26 PM

@catrina - Do you know what the CSS code to use to make it not display? I'll take it that if you make the footer hide, I can just get the terms appear and that would be great. Thanks!

#19 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Okay, in your Custom Code section, just add the following code to totally hide the footer:
 #footer {
	    display: none;
	    padding: 10px 0 5em;
	}