• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

By default the superfish code for the menu is different than iBlog4. 1. In iBlog4 the menu i responive and quick, but in iBlog5 its having a pause before dropdowns appear. How may I may it as responsive as iBlog4 ? 2. Theres also an on-hover error when moving the mouse towards the dropdown making the dropdown collapse. This is a serious error as it puts users off. Is there a fix to this or documentation on how to fix it ?

#2 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

btw: If fixed in the framework files, wont the fix be overwritten on updates ?

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

1. The delay may need to be adjusted in the code. 2. What do you mean by the dropdown collapsing? 3. Yes, if fixed in Framework files, the fix will be overwritten on updates.

#4 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Then I suggest it to be reported as a major bug, since its bad usability. If you want to reproduce the bug just make a dropdown in iBlog5 and move the mouse slowly from the main menu item towards the dropdown menu. its a classic bug. Since upgrading framework will overwrite fixes I guess fix must be done in a framework upgrade or on child theme level by having functions.php load a fixed superfish js. Do you agree ?

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

I was going to mark this issue for developer's attention but that option isn't there anymore so I'll forward this link to the developer.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Can you tell us the code changes please?

#7 Dominik

Dominik

Advanced Member

• Members

• 44 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.1.5

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

.sf-menu li:hover ul {top: 32px;} <- fix on-hover error but it's not perfect.. just a hotfix.

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Thx, updated the package.

#9 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Is it the framework or iBlog5 that is updated ? ( and how do I upgrade, no messages in backend that I see ? )

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

I updated the package on the server, i didnt increment the version. You can redownload it if you want to, but its such a minor fix and you already have the css in place anyway.

#11 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

Thanks

#12 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

There is also the superfish.js responsiveness issue. As is is its too slow usability wise in my opionion. What will be the best way to make changes on the superfish script. The framework already interact with it does it not ? Editing of the framework core files is a bad solution, and the whole point of framework/child theming is to do all edits on the child theme. Do you reccomend to make use functions.php to load the superfish from the child theme ? I also belive that some menu graphics are part of the framework rather than the child theme. Do you reccomend to make child theme css code with these images in child theme folder ?

#13 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

superfish is loaded by the core nav section, and the speed and delay are set in that section too. If you want to override these settings you will need to copy the nav section folder int your child theme, and edit it. Dont dorget to rename the section name at the top so you can add your new nav section into the header.

#14 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Simon, but since I`m a bit slow you may have to be more precise ;) 1. I copy the whole framework nav folder found in sections folder to the iblog5 child theme. 2. I do some renaming. What renaming ? May you explain "Dont forget to rename the section name at the top so you can add your new nav section into the header."

#15 JohnMagic

JohnMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

If you want to override these settings you will need to copy the nav section folder int your child theme, and edit it. Dont dorget to rename the section name at the top so you can add your new nav section into the header.

@pross, may you explain ?