Photo

How do I change the footer text color and the footer text?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 london2012

london2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi, I've managed to change the text color of the Twitter feed and the ?© attribute in my footer, but not the rest of the footer. Also, do you know how I can change the major headings, Pages, Stay in Touch and More? Thanks very much. http://www.usembassy....uk/london2012/

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

First, I would recommend getting Firebug for Firefox so you can inspect every element. It's a great free add-on for Firefox.

Then, look at the elements in your footer.
This, for example is one:
 #footer h3 {
	    color: #999999;
	    font-size: 1.2em;
	    font-weight: bold;
	    margin-bottom: 0.5em;
	}
You can change the #999999 to a different color to change the text of "Pages" or other heading text in your footer. You could adjust that to fit the links below by writing something like:
 #footer ul {
	    color: #999999;
	}

If you mean to replace text entirely with different information, you do so by adding widgets into the Footer Columns sidebar. Do this in reverse order. The first one you add would be the Copyright in a text widget. The next would become the 4th and the last one you add should be a text widget that includes the image link for the graphic you have there presently. (Make sure you have that URL separately before you start this.)

You may add different widgets in the footer, all found at Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.

#3 london2012

london2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Thank you. That sounds very helpful. I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

#4 london2012

london2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Thanks. That work perfectly! Just one more question. Is there a way of getting rid of the white space to the left of the search tab?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

The white space to the left of the search box is the content area. I'm not sure you want to do that generically as your site will have no visible content area. Instead, you can create a custom homepage by going to Dashboard > Pages > Add New and selecting one of the Features templates (right side, under the Save or Update button). Once saved, you can address some of the content area concerns specific to that homepage. Make the homepage the default by going to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and select "Static..." as the option then on the first drop down, choose the homepage you just created. You will likely want a blog page (created the same way), so that your articles will show up.

#6 london2012

london2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Rangelone.

#7 buildingblocks

buildingblocks

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

I am having a lot of difficulty locating the CSS element to change the font in the "more" and "copyright" sections of my footer (4th and 5th columns). I managed to change the size of all of the text in all of the columns by using #footer div but can't seem to figure out how to target the text in those 4th and 5th columns individually. I have been using firebug and scouring the forums and can't find anything. Help?