Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Creating New Drag-and-Drop Custom Page Templates

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've scoured the forums and haven't found a clear answer - perhaps due to my ignorance. I am looking to add another Drag-and-Drop Page template to the Pageline-Template Setup area. In a nutshell, I would like to have a full-width page template and a right-sidebar template that I can customize independently. I know it will involve some copying a .php page from the themes/pagelines/sections area and changing some information on the newly-copied file, but I am not sure where to go from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted · Report post

I will slap myself in the face a couple times for missing the easy option provided. The quick fix for what I am asking for is found underneath the content area when I'm editing a page, by looking at and modifying the Meta Settings. My apologies...

Posted · Report post

No worries :)

Posted · Report post

But I think your original question is valid -- yes there are workarounds, and yes there are ways to noodle in the php to get what you want -- but for a framework that prides on being 'drag and drop' the workarounds are a bit out of character. My big thing is when giving a site to a client -- it is so much easier to explain a few templates than hundreds of meta options so I'd like a way to keep it simple for them by creating named templates. The ones in there might make sense to a few people but to someone new it doesn't. Pagelines 2.0 (or future renditions) should have simpler way to address this that the designer/developer can create in the interface to customize the experience for that exact site.