• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 babel08

babel08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

I can't seem to figure out how get the thumbnails (4) to show up on my feature box home page. The demo has Hi!, Play button, Logo and Star. I disable the pause/play button and created four new images to replace the demo ones. But I am not getting them to show up. I selected Feature Box Standard as the template page. Once I get those to appear what are they linked to? Can I modify if needed. Thanks!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Can you please post a link to your site?

#3 babel08

babel08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hi Catrina,

My site is not public as I am working on it. The Whitehouse Pro demo has 4 thumbnail navigation buttons that appear under Feature. I would like to use them, but I don not understand where I need to go to turn this option on. Below are the instructions within the theme--I have everything set up but I do not understand "This mode must be selected in feature options"--- I can't find it.
>>>>>>>>
Feature Thumb (Image Nav Mode Only)
Full URL to the feature image or thumb.

Full Image URL

Current image:

More Info

Simply add the url of the image you would like to use for the feature navigation. Note: This mode must be selected in feature options.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

First, in Dashboard > WhiteHousePro > Features > Feature Setup which mode did you select globally for navigation? That's where the navigation option for thumbnail navigation is turned on. Second, did you look at the settings for the individual post and upload a thumbnail (placing the URL for a 30px h x 50px w image in its place). I believe you need to upload via the Media tab in Dashboard under Add New. Doesn't look like WHP has a built in upload option for the thumbnail, but once uploaded via Media, you can copy/paste the URL to the feature slide settings specifically.

#5 babel08

babel08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hi Catrina, My site is not public as I am working on it. The Whitehouse Pro demo has 4 thumbnail navigation buttons that appear under the feature boxes. I would like to use them, but I don not understand where I need to go to turn this option on.

#6 babel08

babel08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi- From the dashboard it goes Whitehouse Pro-Feature Setup-Feature Settings and this is the only option for navigation:
>>>>
Feature Navigation Mode

Select the mode for your feature navigation:
Use Feature Names

Use Feature Thumbs (50px by 30px) This is what I have selected

Use Numbers
More Info

Select from the three modes. Using feature names will use the names of the features, using the numbers will use incremental numbers, thumbnails will use feature thumbnails if provided.

Under Theme Options for Navigation are these choices:
Drop Down Navigation
Enable universal drop down navigation

Enable Drop Down Navigation?
More Info

Checking this option will create drop down menus for all child pages when users hover over main navigation items.
Hide Static Sub Header (Subnav)
Removes the sub header that includes the subnav.

Hide Sub Header?
More Info

This option can remove redundancy in navigation when using drop downs. Be careful as this option might inadvertantly make your site harder and less intuitive to navigate.

Under Global Option there is nothing related to navigation.

>>>>>
I am using the Feature 1, 2, 3, 4 (Not feature slide). 1 is the Home page & the Page Atttributes I selected is the Feature-Standard Template. There are no navigation choices in Dashboard for that page/post.

Yes, I already uploaded all the nav button icons and they appear in the dashboard correctly replacing the demo images. I just can't get it to show up on the Home page when updated and previewed.

#7 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Can you change anything else about the features, like the text, or is it just the thumbnail images? You may need to validate your site as there could be markup errors. I would upload your site to a test server so you can validate and also so we can see what's going on, as it seems you did everything right.