Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BrandNav & Custom Menu not working.

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello! So I think I covered all my bases, but I'm banging my head against a wall. I did the following: Went to Appearance > Menus and created "Menu2" with the sections About Me, Archives and a custom link for Forums. Under BrandNav Section Navigation I set it to say Menu2 Went to PageLines > Templates and in the header I removed Branding and added BrandNav That was all I could find documentation wise on what I should do. And i should be working, but it's just showing the old Pages menu of About me and Archives. Not sure what else to try!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The only step I can think of you may have missed is to click Save Menu. And did you remove the Navigation section from the Header section template?

Posted · Report post

Thank you for replying. So I eventually got it to work with the normal Branding/Navigation options, but I am honestly not sure how. I had to clear WP-Total Cache as part of the solution (Duh). Once I did that it was showing up in the top right with BrandNav. But then I just enabled BrandNav, Branding, Navigation and Secondary Nav all at once, then I removed them all, then when I put Branding and Navigation up, it worked. So bah. Now I feel sheepish that this was my first post, but thanks for the quick help! :)

Posted · Report post

I believe I have this same problem. I've tried doing brandnav, or branding + navigation, even secondary nav, but I have a new page that simply won't show up in the header navigation. I tried download WP Super Cache (which wasn't on the site before) I also tried disabling all my plugins I tried moving one of my pages to "draft" to see if I could remove one page, instead of adding, but nothing in the brandnav or navigation on their own are working. I don't have any custom css It's for this site, and I'm happy to let you log in: http://kandemedia.com/ I'm concerned that I'll have to hit the "reset to default" pagelines option and have to go back. Help please?