• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

I found an old thread on this forum about adding in post format support, but I have a feeling things have changed because there isn't a template.postloop.php to copy and modify. From what I can gather, I need to develop a custom section built with built in support for post formats and have that activate on a template? Then theme_support goes into child functions not base?

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

I believe there is a customizable "page" template available when the PageLines Customize plugin is active. Perhaps that would work?

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3254 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

Right, you can create your own section that does almost anything you want w/ posts.. However, eventually, this is the point of the store.. Ideally somebody will create a new 'posts' section that supports all kinds of things that the default one doesn't. Then you can mix & match as you please. If you do create your own section, we will help guide you through it.. (Then you can also consider selling it in the store!)

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

That's what I kind of figured. I have some time to crack out on this. I'm down to get my hands dirty and I'm sure it would benefit the community through the store.

#5 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

...aaaand two hours later I have a custom loop section supporting all worpdress custom types. Awesomesauce. I may pop in later and get Simons thoughts on whether or not to just use css (as i'm doing now) or custom page templates to restructure posts. Is there a specific forum for devs?