Photo
- - - - -

2 content boxes side by side? or how to allow formatting in boxes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _jan_

_jan_

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'like to have a two-column content effect in a page - so I either create 2 content boxes: how do I align them horizontally side by side? I can't find the right css selecors involved; or rather, I could use 2 normal boxes, but then the formatting gets almost all stripped out: how do I control which tags are allowed in a box?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

Two content boxes will just get you two loops with the same content. So best to use two boxes. What are you trying to put into the boxes? Shortcodes or PHP scripts? May we have a link to the site and the page you're having a problem with? Thanks.

#3 _jan_

_jan_

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thank you, I'll use two boxes or soapboxes. I am putting simple html in a box, such as a normal post content. I noticed that in boxes and soapboxes one has to add br and p tags in order to have line and paragraph breaks. While in content boxes there's a loop evaluation and paragraph breaks are automatic. That's why I was asking how to align 2 content boxes horizontally. But since boxes already do that, I chose to add some p tags manually and call it a day. Thank you for your attention.

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Thanks!