18 replies to this topic

#1 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hello, I'm having the same problem as this poster a while back: http://www.pagelines...on-blog-page/p1 Out of the blue, when I make a new post on my blog, the sidebar on the blog page changes. I have 3 sidebars on my site - I would like the blog page to display the same sidebar as the actual blog postings (which I can select on their respective pages). How do I do this?

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

So the problem is that the home page and the single post pages are not showing the same sidebar items? Could we see a link to the site?

#3 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Sort of. The blog index page and the blog posts are not showing the same sidebars. http://www.canadianp...rveys.com/blog/ should have the same sidebar as: http://www.canadianp....com/blog/test/ which it did up until lately. This problem arose out of the blue.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

There were no changes (any changes at all) made?

#5 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

I did try making a "scheduled" post that was slated to appear a couple of days in advance - I'm not sure if that triggered it or not. Otherwise no other changes were made.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm honestly not really sure what is wrong. The sites pretty much look the same except the social icons are on the bottom as opposed to the other. Which page is incorrect and what is wrong with it?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Do you have Widget Logic installed? Did you upgrade WordPress recently to 3.3? Have you checked to make sure plugins are all up to date and at least compatible to 3.2.1?

#8 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:28 AM

simple_mama: The pages are not the same - the sidebars are completely different on the two pages mentioned above. One is referencing one sidebar and the other is referencing another. rangelone: I have not upgraded Wordpress recently. I just now updated all plugins - the sidebar issue still remains. I do not have widget logic installed. Even if I did, I'm not clear how it would work as the blog "index" page is not editable separately in itself, unless I'm missing that somewhere...

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:38 AM

Did you already check to make sure these just-updated plugins are compatible for up to 3.2.1?

#10 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

Yes, they are all compatible.

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi Veronica, Can you send me a PM with admin account details so I can take a closer look please.

#12 saralee

saralee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Hi there, I am having this problem too :( Can I get some assistance too? Have tried all of the above to no success.

#13 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Veronica, Take a look at this. http://codex.wordpre...onditional_Tags When using Widget Logic, one places a conditional tag in the widget specifying where you want it to appear. I suspect that a plugin is somehow creating this conflict. Did any of the plugins (on their wordpress.org pages) show any complaints or citations of being broken by other users?

#14 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

I've had one themes support expert here take a look at the site personally and he is unable to find what is causing the problem. Would anyone else be able to take a look at this? Please PM me.

#15 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hm, I'm not sure what could be wrong. Other than deactivating plugins and upgrading, I don't know what else could be done to check where the issue may be coming from.

#16 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Thanks catrina...I've upgraded everything and nothing's changed. With regards to deactivating plugins, will I lose the data I've entered for each plugin once I deactivate it, or does that depend on the plugin? I can only hope that it's a plugin conflict at this point. :(

#17 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

No, you won't lose it. If you delete the plugins and re-install them, you'll lose the data.

#18 veronica

veronica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

I'm closing this issue as out of nowhere the issue resolved itself. I'm not sure why or how, but it just did. No new plugins installed, nothing uninstalled, just from one day to another, the problem has disappeared.

#19 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hi Veronica, That's rather odd! I have accepted your answer, thank you for informing us!