Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Remove "Core Support" on from Custom welcome.php

Question

Posted · Report post

I've got a custom welcome.php in place for new clients. Sweetness. But since they are living on my multi-site network, they can't install plugins. So I'd rather avoid confusion all together and remove the Core Support area that lists support for plugins on my custom welcome page. http://screencast.com/t/R6PaBs2vOzG I created another Wordpress plugin, setup similar to how Pross instructed to remove the "Add..." from the Store section. Except I don't see the welcome a dumped array, but I do know it needs to be unset. So with my very bad judo-ninja-php skills, I have compiled a piece of artwork here that, unfortunately isn't hiding it. :( Am I at least close on this?

add_filter( 'get_welcome_plugins', 'remove_welcome_plugins' );

function remove_welcome_plugins( $d ) {

// remove welcome plugins from array
		unset( $d['pagelines_welcome_plugins']);
		// pass array back to framework
		return $d;
	}

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

[code]add_filter( 'pagelines_welcome_plugins', 'remove_welcome_plugins' ); function remove_welcome_plugins() { return array(); }[/code]

Posted · Report post

OK I see since there is no array to unset we're just removing it. Double brownies Pross. Double brownies. Much thanks. That removes the plugins from showing. [img]Now to remove the text that's left.[/img] http://screencast.com/t/1jRie3Z1 Tried the following, but can't it be strung together with the first instead of having two separate, sort of like stringing together classes in CSS? [code]add_filter( 'plugins_billboard', 'remove_plugins_billboard' ); function remove_plugins_billboard() { return array(); }[/code] Nick

Posted · Report post

[code]add_filter( 'pagelines_theme_intro', 'remove_welcome_plugins' ); function remove_welcome_plugins() { return; }[/code] Now, assuming your using a child theme, add a welcome.php with some html in it ;)

Posted · Report post

OK I see I see this makes sense. Simon you are THE man. PageLines is lucky to have you . Yeah I have a custom child theme and already have a custom welcome.php in place prior to wanting to remove this. Much, much thanks. ***Edit*** It's also taking out my custom welcome.php. Thoughts?

Posted · Report post

hmm oh yea... i'll have a look in the morning

Posted · Report post

Sounds good. I know it's getting late over there. Or early however your work habits are. ;)

Posted · Report post

Simon are you still sleeping? ;)

Posted · Report post

No, I was in Dublin all day, had something to take care of, back in the hot seat now lots to catch up on.

Posted · Report post

Cool! No worries, no rush. Consider this low priority. When you can get to it is cool.