Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to remove posts-title?

Question

Posted · Report post

How do I remove the posts-title? I've been unable to find it or find how in the forum. I'm sure it a setting I'm missing. I tried adding the following to the custom CSS, but that didn't work. /* remove posts-title (duplicate title with metabar) from posts */ h2.entry-title {display: none;} You can view and example here: http://biz112.inmotionhosting.com/~kendal14/www.sandiegoktc.org/2011/05/brains-of-buddhist-monks-scanned-in-meditation-study/

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Kendall, Try using this code instead, I also provided the code to remove the metabar, as I think you may want to remove this also. [code]h1.entry-title {display: none;} .metabar {display: none;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

Thank you BUT :-) I thought there was a way to turn this off in the Framework UI? I'm in the process of moving to the new provider. I migrated all the site data over and found this on after I did. It IS off on the other version and I did not make this change in the custom CSS. I do recall working with settings to get it turned off on the old one but I can't recall what I did because I foolishly didn't note it. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Note: I really don't want to disable the metabar globally if I can avoid it.

Posted · Report post

Update: Actually, that did not work. I added the following to the Custom CSS in the UI - /* Remove duplicate header (post-title) and metabar from posts */ h1.entry-title {display: none;} .metabar {display: none;}

Posted · Report post

PageLines -> Blog and Posts -> "Full Width Post Meta" can change your meta bar. If you add the following to your custom CSS, it will remove page titles on single blog post pages. Make sure you remove any related CSS so it doesn't conflict with this one: [code].single h1.entry-title { display: none !important; }[/code]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That doesn't answer the question. [quote]I thought there was a way to turn this off in the Framework UI? I'm in the process of moving to the new provider. I migrated all the site data over and found this on after I did. It IS off on the other version and I did not make this change in the custom CSS. I do recall working with settings to get it turned off on the old one but I can't recall what I did because I foolishly didn't note it.[/quote]

Posted · Report post

The answer is no. The option exists to hide [b]page[/b] titles but not [b]post[/b] titles as 99% of people will want post titles to appear.