- - - - -

Thumbnails not showing on blog page...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_richardjacruz@comcast.net_*

Guest_richardjacruz@comcast.net_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

I can't find the answer to this on the forum so far... I can't get the thumbnails (using WP Thumbnails) to show on the blog page of the website. The site is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks, Rich

#2 Guest_richardjacruz@comcast.net_*

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

At blog2.botanicchoice.com what I want to have happen is to have the image I used post next to the truncated copy as the thumbnail for the blog post. However, I can't get the image to show.

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Are you enabling post thumbnails for the blog page in the Blog and Posts settings? Are you uploading the desired thumbnails to your posts by setting them as featured images?

#4 Guest_richardjacruz@comcast.net_*

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Yes. I looks like I enabled that in PageLines>Settings>Blogs and Posts. I uploaded the image you can see in the post "What Is A Green Food" and use WP Post Thumbnail to crop the image as a thumb for all three presets.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

If you're referring to this plugin

it is an extremely outdated one and will not work. Please deactivate and I'd suggest delete that plugin. Note: When looking for plugins, you must check to see that the plugin is compatible with the present version of WordPress, is updated and not cited as broken. In this plugin's case, it's wrong on all three points. Wordpress provides built in thumbnail support and does not require a plugin to display a thumbnail. On your posts, you'll see "Feature Image" and clicking that link, you can add a specific image to use for your thumbnail which will be dynamically resized for you. Please see the part of this topic that starts "Setting Post Thumbnail"

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

You do not need to code anything to make them work. All the code is already built into Wordpress.

#7 Guest_richardjacruz@comcast.net_*

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

rangelone, you rock!!! That worked. Yikes... I've been using that other plugin for a long time.