Default Single Post Meta Settings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 beddoe

beddoe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

Framework 2.0 I use 4-box set on all my website pages but on 'single post' pages, only a 3-box set shows. Do I have to edit the meta settings on each single post page now? I have hundreds of posts. Example: Main page had 4 boxes

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Single-post page has only three boxes

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

For this single-post page, I edited the meta settings to use 4 boxes and it looks good but how do I do that for all other posts without doing them one at a time? Thank you,

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi, In PageLines Framework 2.0 the settings are now on a per post/page basis. However, due to popular demand, global options we be returning there is no ETA at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

#3 beddoe

beddoe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

How about a (as a quick fix) a SQL statement to add the box_set=4, box_col_number=4 box_thumb_size=100, box_items=4 for all (post_id)s with records that do not have those fields?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:12 PM

That may do more harm than good. However, have you gone to Dashboard > PageLines > Special and looked at the template you use for posts? There's an option for Boxes there and in it you can select the number of boxes. I suspect that if you did not edit this, posts will default to 3. Try it and see if it helps. Thanks!

#5 beddoe

beddoe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

Yes, Under Special, the "Author Posts" and all other page-types is already to set 4 boxes but it does not work. I suppose I'll have to edit 300+ posts one at a time. Thanks for the idea, but it's not a big deal.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

I had to edit the way the carousel displays on single post pages with CSS. Do you think the same could be done with CSS? It may be possible. :)

#7 halflifestudios

halflifestudios

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Any news on the global single post meta update being put in place with the upcoming update of PageLines? I had to go through all of my posts in order to update the template, and I could of used a global setting for this. And when I add a new post it does not inherit the Blog index page template which is frustrating since sometimes I am posting on the road with the WordPress mobile app. Thanks.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

@halflifestudios Global post meta settings are done via Dashboard > PageLines > Meta > Site Defaults. The core template used is Blog Post. Make sure you have the elements you want for the post in your template, then edit the Meta settings. These global settings have been present for several months.