Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Customize Author Information

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'd like to change the author information. I wonder how to modify the code below without altering the original (pagelinessectionspostauthorsection.php)?

<?php echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta('email', $post->post_author), $size = '120', $default = PL_IMAGES . '/avatar_default.gif' ); ?>
<?php _e('About The Author', 'pagelines');?>

<?php echo get_the_author(); ?>

<?php the_author_meta('description', $post->post_author); ?>
<?php _e('Visit Authors Website', 'pagelines');?> → <?php $google_profile = get_the_author_meta( 'google_profile' ); if ( $google_profile ) { echo ' Authors Google Profile →'; } ?>
[/code]

I need to add it in the [i]pluginspagelines-customizefunctions.php[/i] file or [i]pluginspagelines-sectionspagelines-sections.php[/i]? Could you give me an example of how to do this? My idea is to do something like: z8t8h.jpg Thank you and sorry for my english!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Your English is fine. Unfortunately, the bulk of the PageLines team is away for the holidays and will not be available until next week at the earliest. This request is more customization that I could normally handle and I'd prefer not to give you a bad answer. If you can await some of my colleagues, please let me know. Thank you for your patience and Happy Holidays!

Posted · Report post

Ok rangelone :D, I don't need to modify the code (to include Twitter and Facebook ). I need an example of how to change this code without modifying the original file. I believe that changes should be made ??‹??‹to the file pluginspagelines-customizefunctions.php. No problem, continue with the other changes at this time and await a return as soon as possible. Merry Christmas!

Posted · Report post

Merry Christmas! I will reject one of the answers to ensure this gets additional attention.

Posted · Report post

Hi Barbosa, I think the best solution would be for you to download the Post Author folder from "/pagelines/sections/postauthor/" via FTP and make the changes to the section.php file to add whatever changes you wish. Once you have completed this, simply upload the Post Author folder with the changes you have made to your child theme folder. For example: pagelines-template-themesectionspostauthor Then if you haven't already, enable the child theme and your changes should take effect.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, Where there is the option of child theme in Pagelines 2.0.1? I've made the necessary changes directly in the file and are working. I do not understand how I should proceed with creating a child theme in Pagelines 2.0. Could you suggest some link/discussion with this information? [img]http://i42.tinypic.com/9rpx78.jpg[/img] My installation is in wp-content/themes/pagelines. Can I change to another wp-content/themes/my-custom-theme? My biggest concern is in relation to upgrades. Another question that came to me is in relation to the author's website link. When there is no site in the profile it points to the link of the post. There is the possibility of adding the link to the home page? Thanks

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry of Danny wasn't clear. If you have downloaded and installed the PageLines Child Theme plugin, then a new folder is created in [b]yoursite/wp-content/themes[/b] called [b]pagelines-template-theme[/b] in which there is a folder called "sections". When you upload the [b]postauthor[/b] folder there, including your edited section.php file, the Framework will read the new section.php for post authors and present it the way you wish.

Posted · Report post

Danny and rangelone, Thank you for your support! It's okay now! Happy New Year :D