Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Banner size customization

Question

Posted · Report post

OK, I got another one. How do I change the default width of a banner? Currently, it seems to be hardcoded like the boxes were, but unlike with the boxes, you can't change the width or height in the meta of a page. So I can't figure out how to get rid of the "width:50%" here:

Help?

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Could you give a link to your site? What are you trying to achieve specifically? You can override inline styles with using !important in Custom Code -> Custom CSS: [code] .banner-text { width: 40% !important; } [/code]

Posted · Report post

I had previously created a site at http://contactpoint.womeninit.net/ - see the banner towards the bottom? I'm trying to make the one on this page look the same - full size. http://contactpointpacific.dreamhosters.com/ I'm a little puzzled that you can set the dimensions of boxes but not banners in PageLines... seems like I should be able to change that inline style without having to resort to !important (which hasn't worked for me to override inline styles in the past, but I'll try again...)

Posted · Report post

Is the !important in the CSS working properly?

Posted · Report post

Nope, that didn't work. Maybe I'm not targeting the right element. I just want the banner to be full size.

Posted · Report post

Hi Dugoni, Try this, although this may well effect all the Banners you create. [code].banner_container .banner-text {display: none;} .banner_container .banner-media {width: 100% !important;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

It worked!!! Thank you!!!