Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

German Translation Of The Backend - Needs Rework!

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi pagelines, First of all I have to say: great work you've done with Framework 2 which I purchased today. It is really a nice piece of code you've created, congrats! But one thing needs a quick and huge reworking: the german translation of the backend is so terrible (automatic translated?), that it is close to not understandable! At least you should include an option to switch the backend completely back to english. This would it also make it easier to follow the documentation, some tutorials and the forum tips in general, since (nearly?) all of them are referencing to the english version. Best regards, -Jobst von Heintze Fotograf in Magdeburg jobst-von-heintze.de

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the feedback! Will leave this open for more insight/if anyone else is having issues with the back end language translation.

Posted · Report post

To switch back to english delete the [b]de_DE.po[/b] and [b]de_DE.mo[/b] file in the [b]pagelineslanguage[/b] folder or rename it! i think every language needs a rework cause pagelines translatet all with google and this doesn't work with such technical language. I offerd to translate it for a plus+ lifetime membership ;) but seems to be to much ;) There are more threads about language issues in other languages here in the forum. An inline translation Mode like Magento would be very nice :) Or just a translation table in the backend where we could add translations ourselfs without any extra Software.

Posted · Report post

I agree with jvheintze. The german translation is terrible. So I translated it on my own. Maybe there is a way to share this (native) Version of .po an .mo files with the community. But even with this new version, many strings in back/frontend are not ready for translation yet. It would be great, if this would be fixed someday. -- krafit

Posted · Report post

In the old version of pagelines platform i used Poedit to translate it - this messed up the backend with parts of text in both german and english. Has somebody tried to use Poedit for translating Pagelines Framework? Did it work? Ich bin wirklich sehr interessiert an einer ??bersetzung! Sonst lasst uns doch die Arbeit der ??bersetzung aufteilen und die Sprachdateien de_DE .po und de_DE.mo dann teilen!? B-)

Posted · Report post

http://pagelines.com/translate/projects/pagelines-framework

Posted · Report post

need help for german translation - so far i pushed it to 156 in the waiting line ;)

Posted · Report post

I made you a validator :)

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to implement an option to validate multiple translations with the checkboxes? selct the good ones and approve all with a click. It's hard to approve them all step by step.

Posted · Report post

[quote]I made you a validator[/quote] @simon: oups responsibility ... :-) thanks!

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

@Basmati, Not quite sure what you're referring too, do you require assistance ?

Posted · Report post

i just can't translate some phrases like the "edit" link at the bottom of posts or pages. why? http://pagelines.com/translate/projects/pagelines-framework i can edit the file and download po and mo, but nothing changes in the pagelines framework base theme.