7 replies to this topic

#1 peterb

peterb

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hi everybody,

I just upgraded from EcoPro to Pagelines Frameworks. Can't get the Carousel on Home Page to appear. I've followed the Pagelines Docs to the Letter.

I've tried inputting the "Carousel" in the Site Header, or only on the "Blog" part of the site.

I've tried both creating a Page with the Carousel Template as per the instructions. Even tried only having the Carousel Meta settings saved within Pagelines > Special but not creating a Page with the Carousel Template.

Don't know if it matters, but NextGEN gallery doesn't work on the site, if that matters at all.

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

If you aren't using NextGEN, then what are you using the feed your carousel? You have to give it something to pull from. If it's a category, did you input the correct category slug in the main carousel settings? (PageLines -> Special -> Carousel Meta -> Carousel Image/Link Mode -and- Carousel - Post Category Name)

#3 peterb

peterb

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

I wanted to use Post Thumbnails for links, not NextGEN gallery.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

Have you already uploaded the thumbnails using the "add featured image" setting in the post editor?

#5 peterb

peterb

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

I have featured images for images on all my posts, 120x120 og 150x150 thumbnails.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

Peter, Happy Holidays. Please provide a link to your site and I will take a look! Thanks!

#7 peterb

peterb

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hi Rangelone and Happy Holidays. Thank you for your concern, but it seems that the problems has been solved, with me disabling (and then removing) WP Minify. I can tell, because I had an issue in another thread (http://www.pagelines...l-on-frameworks) When I came back to try to reproduce the problem, then the Carousel appeared normally. All is well :) So, to you users in the future experiencing the same issues, try disabling WP Minify :)

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Caching plugins are usually the first thing to disable when having an issue. ;) Thanks for letting us know!