Photo
- - - - -

How to pull in specific flickr sets for each carousel page?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 briane

briane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

I've created a parent page "Photo gallery" with child pages for several events. Each event uses a carousel template. I checked the page-specific options but can't find how to specify a certain flickr set for my userID for that carousel page. So, instead of getting images related to the event, I get the default images based on the flickrss global settings. Is this the only way the plug in works with the pagelines template or am I missing a step? Thanks for your help.

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

The flickrRSS plug-in doesn't have this capability, however, you can import photos into the NextGen Gallery plug-in instead and can assign certain galleries for certain pages. This is why we actually decided to also integrate the NextGen Gallery

#3 brianecenterpointnhorg

brianecenterpointnhorg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Thanks. After creating the topic I did that and it works fine. I was trying to avoid because having all our photos on flickr is a great way to centralize. But this is a compromise I can work with. Great integration on Nextgen. It works slick and was up and running within minutes of install in my iBlogPro theme.