Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to pull in specific flickr sets for each carousel page?

Question

Posted · Report post

I've created a parent page "Photo gallery" with child pages for several events. Each event uses a carousel template. I checked the page-specific options but can't find how to specify a certain flickr set for my userID for that carousel page. So, instead of getting images related to the event, I get the default images based on the flickrss global settings. Is this the only way the plug in works with the pagelines template or am I missing a step? Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

The flickrRSS plug-in doesn't have this capability, however, you can import photos into the NextGen Gallery plug-in instead and can assign certain galleries for certain pages. This is why we actually decided to also integrate the NextGen Gallery

Posted · Report post

Thanks. After creating the topic I did that and it works fine. I was trying to avoid because having all our photos on flickr is a great way to centralize. But this is a compromise I can work with. Great integration on Nextgen. It works slick and was up and running within minutes of install in my iBlogPro theme.